A Sharp Needle Eye!

The routine while sewing is to cut the thread with a pair of scissors (or teeth!), but since scissors are known to play truant when you need them the most, here is an alternate solution. The Cut Needle. The eye of this special needle has a sharp blade towards the lower-inner eye. The thread tends to stay around the upper eye area whilst sewing, so when you need to cut off the thread, simply snap it over the sharp blade. Teeth and scissors both are not needed! Awesome!

Designers: Jieun Lee, Jihun Kang, Youngho Lee, Byung-Kyu Park & Ji-Yun Seo

• KRH says:

Depending on the kind of stitching you are doing, this is NOT a great idea. I daresay the designer didn't talk to many people who actually sew much.

• Agreed. I saw the title and envisioned the blade being on the side of the needle – not in the eye. I can imagine it would be a major pain to have to thread the needle, cut the thread, and then thread it again! Also, a lot of the time, thread needs to be cut in the middle, with neither end available to thread to the blade…Then what?

• KRH says:

• lettie says:

impossible to make

• lettie says:

impossible to make

• Christina says:

LOL! I rather think this is designed by someone who has done very little to no sewing.

• Christina says:

• Complete fail, even with regular stitching I know I've had to go in reverse. Not with one of these though… I'd have to return it and ask for my money back.

• ritst says:

Exactly the same idea that was executed routinely on sack sewing needles, used ca 1900 in the US for hand sewing grain sacks.

• ritst says:

• SHS says:

Surely the thread will get cut when you would rather it didn't…

• SHS says:

Surely the thread will get cut when you would rather it didn't…

• Björn says:

Four designers for this concept? Thats hilarious!

• Björn says:

Four designers for this concept? Thats hilarious!

• art from bart says:

think designing for something you're clueless about???
    there you go: hail the cut/needle !!!
    hurray!!!

• art from bart says:

think designing for something you're clueless about???
    there you go: hail the cut/needle !!!
    hurray!!!

• Megan says:

not to mention that it is often very difficult to thread a needle because the thread end is frayed. This requires that the thread be cut first to provide a clean edge for threading. How would this work without scissors?

• Megan says:

• shushu says:

lmao , where do these morons get their ideas?

try to think , retard.

• shushu says:

lmao , where do these morons get their ideas?

try to think , retard.