Someone rightly said that success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. This kind of consistent success is something I have witnessed first hand with Emami Design, headed by Arman Emami. Last year, at the Red Dot Awards Night in Singapore, I had the pleasure of speaking with him, and my only questions to him was … how do you manage to win these many accolades every year! The answers can be found in his latest book: 360° Industrial Design.
With the intention of answering questions like – What challenges are pace and complexity bringing for product design? Arman Emami has given us a book that encompasses short, clear and entertaining texts. The book comprises a comprehensive view of relevant matters relating to industrial design. Key takeaways include:
- Development steps from idea to mass production, which are described gradually and supported by illustrated examples of good practices.
- A working compendium not only for design students and young designers, but also a guide book for creative lateral thinkers, product and marketing managers and all those who are interested in intelligent design.
- Complex processes are displayed in an entertaining and easily understandable way.
To be very honest, our world is developing in the fast lane, getting more complex by the second. Rapidly shrinking resources and ever-fiercer global competition are in any case forcing us to re-think the entire design process. The importance of form, function, feel and appearance has evolved over the years.
The challenges of modern design
According to Arman, “Today’s product design needs to achieve a good deal more than merely being ‘beautiful’. Right from the start of the design process, a different approach is needed for a product to assert itself against the competition: form and function, look and feel – all have to harmonize with one another. Economic and marketing considerations cannot be ignored either, of course. The world of modern product design is a multi-disciplinary one. In order to satisfy all these requirements, it is necessary to take into account a large number of factors in the early stages of the design process. This descriptive book highlights key factors and analytically considers current requirements. Almost as if it were a textbook, it shows how different aspects can be integrated into the concept development process.”
Besides being a great addition to your coffee-table book collection, this book is educational work for readers interested in design. A must-have for every Design House too!
Use it as a reference work, as inspiration for your own design process, as a stimulating textbook or to dip into as reading matter that stimulates the imagination!
- Hardcover: 168 pages
- Publisher: Niggli; Edition: 1 (June 2014) Language: English
- ISBN: 978-3721209143
- Dimensions: 24,6 x 24,3 x 2,2 cm
- 360° Industrial Design – the foundations of analytical product design by Arman Emami
Available: Online [ Buy it Here ]