Reptilian Roadster

Long is right, vehicles are getting more and more lifelike! Check out the crocodilian face from the front view of the Reptile and you’ll see what I mean. This race car crosses over to the streets with it’s hybrid 4-pole electric induction/27000CC Wankel engine that develops more than 700HP at 9000 RPMs. Rawr.

Designer: Arturo Arino

• Fer Villanueva de A says:

Its awesome! I want one! Great design, great concept!

• john_3 says:

this design goes beyond the line , great job!

• trx says:

Front facia shows a smiling Hunchback whale, not an aggressive reptile. Renderings are okay, design is not so hot.

• Nicolas Allard says:

I love the people at yanko , the pass every design making unsubstantiated criticism and making people feel bad about their designs.
    I think TRX (not even a real name) is Chris Bangle hidden in an anonymous stupid guy who's designs are the living eminence .

Yeah maybe the renderings are just OK thats why it looks so freaking real I want to buy one.
    And yeah The design is so bad that its been published in carbodydesign also!! a CAR , BODY, DESIGN web page where they publish all the car new trends and future designs, and YANKO DESIGN a DESIGN webpage … so yeah you know is not that good.
    And no it doesn't look like a reptile at all look http://alexisphoenix.org/romaniasnake.php

Maybe you're looking at another design my Dude cause this is freaking outstanding !!
    by the way link me to your designs to see how good you are !

• Mike says:

finally, something that will probably work. thank you for not using any hub-less wheels.

• Mike says:

actually it does look like a reptile. just a little. perhaps, the snout part of a croc or a komodo dragon? at least, this vehicle looks to be something that's manufacturable. i want one… make that two.

• Thanks for the comments guys!
    Every comment is good for me, even if its good or bad comments they.

All of them make me a better designer!
    It was definitely not inspired in a whale LOL but, the inspiration came from a reptile … a gecko (but the name was not aggressive so I decided to just stick with reptile.
    well I'm very pleased with the final result and glad you guys liked it!
    Thanks again!!

• Sly says:

4-pole electric induction/27000CC Wankel. Please let me know more about this engine. This sound interesting.
      Thnx.

• Sly says:

I do not know. This is a car for me. So really nice sketches. I have to practice to be on that level…. and I am do it.

• Chen An says:

Terrific, what software you use for rendering?

• Arturo Aiño says:

Tanks guys !!
    I'm really glad you like it !
    well about the 4pole electric induction engine , is almost the same engine as the Tesla (electric car from tesla motors), and the rotatory engine is a high rev fast engine that is light , small and rounded (mazda is been using this Engines for a long time and the've worked perfectly ,,, the Mazda RX 8 for example)

The software for rendering was Maya with mental ray

About the sketching … well is just practice, and practice and more practice… try making minimum one sketch a day and always use photo references that helps a lot with perspective and ideas.