Parcel Tracking Made Easy

Losing packages suck and if commercial couriers aren’t going to do anything about it, we as consumers should be able to do something to prevent it. The G.P. Stamp is a small stamp-sized electronic chip with a built-in battery that keeps tabs on your shipment. All critical information is sent wirelessly in real time to keep you in the loop.

The stamp uses advanced printed electronics to stay slim and on one side is a layer of flexible 0.2-millimetre-thick GPS circuit board. The other side features a flexible 0.4-millimetre-thick battery cell. You can get larger stamps with more battery life for longer shipment transits.

Too bad it’s only a concept. I’d so use this for my next parcel shipment.

Designer: Ho-Tzu Cheng

• i think that's kind of a waste, except for absolutely valuable itens like shipping diamonds or some nuclear stuff.

• It be cool to see a Square like adapter for the iphone or android to read the stamps signal (GP)RFID receiver and writer.
    Your (GP)RFID wouldn't need a battery if its not a true GPS transmitter.

The Idea is a smart redesign, perfect for Packages or High priority documents. IF USPS, international postal services, fedex, UPS, or DHL could work there info structure (see a profit margin), it would save them like the professional international crate shipping RFID tags used already in use.

Your (GP)RFID wouldn't need a battery if its not a true GPS transmitter.

• chris says:

isnt batteries classified as dangerous and non shippable?

• chris says:

isnt batteries classified as dangerous and non shippable?

• Anonymous says:

so, what happens when the thief takes the goods and leaves the stamp? better to tag the product, not the envelope.

• Anonymous says:

• Rami says:

it looks brilliant ! being in the parcel industry for such a long time, i can say that, yes it could be the ultimate solution to alocate/trace parcels. But we need to understand the way it works and how does it communicate with the dispersed servers. the solution should cover all relative components and then we can decide if its feasible or not. End of the day, being effective means feasible at the long run!

• Rami says:

• Its really amazing! But the main question is how much it will cost? and can everybody afford it?

• Manjunadh says:

Concept is gud….wanted to test this….any chance of getting this???

• Ashish says:

I want to work on this concept ….
    can sombody help me to suggest from where we made this chip or stamp , and also about the connection with GPS satellite….

• Ashish says:

I want to work on this concept ….

• Hey I’m new here. I’m sorry if this
    is not the right place for this post but I was hoping
    some one here on http://www.yankodesign.com would be able to contact me if you want any information about gps tracking devices
    as it it is in our business line. Anyhelp would be wounderful

• Herbert Simpson says:

Hi there,
      I’ve been looking for quite a while now for such technology (GPS tracking for parcels). I would be very grateful if you could post a link or URL where I would find such information, possibly of a system that is currently beyond the design stage and close to implementation if not already there.

Thanks in advance.

• the who says:

Further contributing to the new Boise State, you will meet all of
    the Americans will retire Broke, Absolutely Broke! They can see improvement over
    time compared too the applicant from making a second bubble.
    To have live shows a transitional phase for Symantec and expect to get to the refrigerator close by also keeps you motivated.

• BCBARNETT says:

great for covert tracking

• BCBARNETT says:

NSA surly has this in use!

• If you are thinking for the permanent option, then no doubt, metal collar stays are the best oprion to go ahead with.
    Your clients should find it easy to order your products.

Witth the help of the web, I am able to save a great deal.

• Scott says:

I am the type who buys a lot of things online some valuable monetarily and some not. I would love a reusable parcel with a built in gps mod w/ antenna that could be tracked in real time. It would really help me with security and time management. The current tracking with USPO UPS and FED EX all really suck! They have many gaps in where your stuff is, and the out for delivery is such a giant windows what if I need to sign I have to wait around all day? But if I could track it I would be able to know when it is near my house or office and be there and avoid the porch pirates loss etc…