Steady Support For iPad Sketching

The rounded form of the iPad gives it a very sleek look, but may not the ideal form when using it as a sketch pad on the table. The iSketch offers a snug-fitting protective support for the device, plus doubles up as a powermat for charging it. The accompanying sketch pen and plenty of sketching apps make it feel like creative-utopia for the moment, but only time and a real-life product review will tell if it’s worth the effort or not!

Designer: Psychic Factory

• TheShinyOne says:

Unfortunalety, the iPad doesnt do that kind of pen, you have to use a conductive sort of pen (with a sponge-like tip) and that immedlately makes it a lot less interesting as a sketching pad. If your designed pen would work however, it would be very nice.

• TheShinyOne says:

• Robert says:

I tried painting on it with such a sponge-like Pen, it didn't work very well..

• Robert says:

I tried painting on it with such a sponge-like Pen, it didn't work very well..

• pawsart says:

i'd be all over it in a heartbeat. i have one of those pogo pens, and the nib is too big and blunt.

• quantum says:

It would have to be a conductive stylus as mentioned above, not like what most styluses are. If you have a pen like the ones Wacom makes, with the pressure sensing tip and generally most also have a button on the side, it won't work with the ipad.

• pawsart says:

• quantum says:

• ThureK says:

nice, would be really cool if it could be turnable like real paper

• ThureK says:

nice, would be really cool if it could be turnable like real paper

• Cody says:

Oohhhh. Pretty!

• timbo says:

iWish the ipad could do this! iWould get one just to sketch on it, hopefully iPad 2 will..

• timbo says:

• RBRT says:

It's true, the current iPad and iPhone aren't sensitive enough to make real detailed sketches. I think that it's possible in the future for the iPad to overtake the Wacom Cintiq if it could just be more sensitive and make the pressure sensitivity built into the pen tip – afterall the iPad is cheaper, portable, and connects with only a USB instead of a grip of cables and power bricks. If it could connect and run with desktop apps and go beyond Adobe CS into CAD/CAM stuff I might just pass out from excitement. iPad 2 ftw.

• RBRT says:

• Okami says:

I acknowledge that RBRT’s comment is true, but still, this thing is esthetical.

• Okami says:

I acknowledge that RBRT’s comment is true, but still, this thing is esthetical.

• Nico says:

Oh! That was my design dream when the iPad came out. If it becomes true i will throw away my cintiq 21UX and buy a bunch of theses (if i don’t die like RBRT), but i guess few people care of this possibility. They get iPad to look over internet and that’s all, isn’t it?

• Nico says:

• platini76 says:

which type of pen do you use?

• platini76 says:

which type of pen do you use?

• needthis says:

could this not be solved with a app ??? linking the ipad to the mouse ..bluetooth may-be?? id be happy to just use my big clumsy fingers for now just so i could use the ipad as it should be…

• needthis says:

• St says:

So is this coming out if so when. I will buy this if it does. Great design the pressure send stylus is possible with the ipad. Can’t wait !!!

• NeverISad says:

I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

• NeverISad says:

I WANTED, I WANTED, I WANTED, BUT I CAN.

• Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your site.
    You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a
    good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load
    off, I’d love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for
    a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested.
    Thanks!

• Bertha says:

I’ve had a lot of problems finding posts about seo tools for excel 2007, glad
    I came across your blog though…incredibly useful
    Will defo be coming back, its a great blog!