The Ohhh Light

The title of this project is “OBO Light,” and a stranger shape for a lamp never have I had the pleasure of seeing. It’s a ring. Sort of an oblong ring that projects light in a rather unique way, shining in any of several colors up on the wall and thusly all around the room. If you’re like me, one of the main goals of your life is to achieve a fabulous purple or orange ambience in my workplace room. And, AND, it has the ability to be made of partly wood, plastic, metal, or junkfood!

*Not junkfood. Just metal, plastic, or wood.

LED lighting source, 1W per LED. Lifetime up to 25,000 hours. Powered by a battery. A rechargeable battery, with the ability to be recharged via electricity or the sun. Solar power!

Designer: Savvas Panagiotou

OBO Light by Savvas Panagiotou

obolight02

obolight03

obolight04

obolight05

• Confucius says:

Ohhh not very nice.
    Surfaces are not tangental, curves aren’t concentric, the prototype looks as though its been rushed, the quality is poor. You couldn’t pay me to have this in my house. Amateur work. Lots to learn, hope criticism helps. Good luck.

• Froogabadoodle says:

Maybe people just want it because it adds ambiance and looks cool? I don’t think they were shooting for invention of the year. Chill out.

• reality says:

visuals are rank. the model is ropey the concept has already been done and dusted.

this would get a class 3 degree from me.

• mif991 says:

Looks like a Middle School project and presentation…and definetely not cool looking.

• well done Savvas Panagiotou! Very nice

• A.OURANG says:

Hi
    Fantastic
    I want see your prodact , reply email
    thanks
    ourang

• A.OURANG says:

Hi
    Fantastic
    I want see your prodact , reply email
    thanks
    ourang

• Rambo says:

I’m sorry, you guys need to stop obsessing about these ‘championship’, and hilhgy competitive races with a ‘stacked’ field, and do something about it already. Get together with all your buddies and organize one. I love reading your and Geoff’s blog but geez, I can imagine that it’s the only thing you guys talk about anymore during runs.

• Sharmin says:

My wife and I have been very blessed in our lives. We have also lived turhogh very tight times ( I. E., blood donations.) We have always felt the love if others. Many times, we picked up the bill for another at a resturant. Other times we paid for another’s groceries. Another time we put together a baby shower for a lady we never met who left an abusive home. Instead of money, we gave a man in the rain a sleeping bag, a coat, and accessories along with a gift card for a meal at Denny’s. When my wife ad I ran into financial issues, we were blessed by people who remained anonymous with a $500 gift card twice. We always asked why. We had a very hard time accepting. Why us? LovePay it forward It will come back when needed