No More Double Trouble

Scenario 1: Dishwasher load is done, now you take out the dishes and place them in their respective shelves, cabinets etc. Been doing this all your life!
Scenario 2: Wall mounted Electrolux Bifoliate Double Dishwasher uses one compartment to clean the dishes via ultrasonic wave technology; you then transfer the clean load into the next shelf. Space saving, less time consuming, done in a jiffy. Which Scene do you like?

Designer: Toma Brundzaite

Electrolux Bifoliate Wall-Mounted Double Dishwasher by Toma Brundzaite

bifoliate2

bifoliate3

bifoliate4

• Æ says:

I have to agree with confucius its a bit confusing. I would prefer it if both shelves can clean and the door rotates to cover both, I didn't get the sliding hing at all.
    If you have to move everything to a shelf anyway then it goes against why your doing it as your moving everything, just a shorter distance.
    Otherwise its a nice design idea and looks nice too. Its better than leaning down and getting everything all the time. Also better for small houses as you don't have to fill up alot before cleaning.

• Confucius says:

Radhika, I don’t mean to be critical but your description doesn’t convey the theory of the design that well IMO. The reader is construed, by thinking you still need to switch the dishes from one side to the other to get a total clean. From reading the designers description and from first impression of the product: I think you load the dirty dishes into one side and take fresh dishes from the other. One side is always acting as a shelf; Once all the clean dishes have been taken from the shelf (used), insert all dirty dishes back to that same shelf and rotate the door. Then hey presto you got your new dishes from the other side while the others get washed. This would made more sense.

• Radhika Seth says:

Thanks for the feedback Confucius.
      It’s quite a task to decipher what designers mean when they send in the texts and sometimes we get it right and sometimes we don’t. I was in the same Dilemma as you when I was doing this article.
      Altho it may imply that both the shelves work as dishwashers, but if you look at the sliding door, it covers only one side (sliding out to the left) and the construction of it doesn’t seem to fit the other open shelf on the right. even if you rotate it or slide it to the right.
      However point noted and hopefully Toma will make the necessary clarifications.

• Eric says:

I’m with you, because looking at the close up of the buttons area, it shows a button for “other door” with a rotation symbol. If that’s what it does, I suggest they review the placement of the logo on the front…

• Eric says:

I guess I need an animation of this thing working inside out. I get it, but not well enough…

• ร† says:

I have to agree with confucius its a bit confusing. I would prefer it if both shelves can clean and the door rotates to cover both, I didn’t get the sliding hing at all.
    Otherwise its a nice design idea and looks nice too. Its better than leaning down and getting everything all the time. Also better for small houses as you don’t have to fill up alot before cleaning.

• Gavalari says:

I think it’s not a sliding door, it’s a rotating one, and both shelves are dishwashers. I think that exploded view confuses you, because it looks like door slides to the left.

• Gavalari says:

and c’mon, it totally explains itself. the cylinder in the middle makes you think the door is rotating; and both chambers are square, otherwise (if it were a rectangle) a rotating door wouldn’t work.

• David says:

This really is a real life oxymoron in action – I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE OBVIOUSLY INTERESTED IN DESIGN BY THEIR VERY PRESENCE HERE CAN’T GRASP AS SIMPLE A CONCEPT AS THIS – IT IS AS Gavalari SAYS.

• Eric says:

We can grasp the idea, not it’s function. Please feel free to explain to me how the door keeps water inside. It rotates into position and has no seal. I feel like I could show you a picture of a UFO and you would say the same thing. We want to know how it works, we’re not satisfied with a pretty picture.

• David says:

Quite simply it doesn’t use water (as described in product description), it cleans dishers by ultra sonic wave technology. The technology does exist for this but not sure on where in the development cycle that sort of thing is, although Tesla was playing round with this sort of thing 80years ago.

• David says:

Sorry I need to correct myself – it does use some water spray at start of cycle – just to looseen food i guess. As it is only a concept I’m sure seals and such would be incorporated if required – and re pretty picture, that’s exactly what concepts are, whether architecture , industrial design whatever, it’s all about engaging the viewer or client to get the juices flowing so to speak. Although concepts are generally based on possibilities the actual development to a finished product results in often many additions, changes etc.

• benjamin says:

Very nice idea, but I would like to see a more elaborate design, where does the water go, how to clean the filter, are there residues left in the shelf that would not be a nice thing |-P, how do you supply the water. what material is it made of?

the start is very nice thow. I like it

• maty says:

Nice idea! I am always arguing with my boyfriend who put the clean dishes wrom the dishwasher back to cupboard. Hoping that this will come true ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Willard says:

Cool! How did you think this idea?

• Hi

We need to now were do yu get wall mounted dish washing machine in india , pls suggest us, for email, if yu have pls send us the information in our mail id,

Thanks
    Jai Engineering Works

• Rolypoly says:

Hello,

I want to buy this. Where can i get?

• Rolypoly says:

Hello,

I want to buy this. Where can i get?