Why be just a spectator when you can be a part of the movement? As we journey from strength to strength as one of the world’s foremost websites covering Innovative, Inspirational Industrial Design, we’re looking to expand the Yanko Design family.
Have an eye for design and a way with words? Come join the YD Team as our Part-time or Full-time Senior Editor! We’re looking for a writer/editor who can decode and discuss design. It’s important that you have a background or an interest in designing as well as a penchant for writing too! Your words will help guide designers as well as non-designers understand design better, and appreciate it with greater perception. Your writing will help broaden horizons and widen minds!
- Our Senior Editor will curate content and compose articles discussing and dissecting design. We love people who can speak freely about what they think is good design, draw parallels between design works, and spot design trends. Your articles will aim to inspire both designers and non-designers to learn about and appreciate relevant, innovative work.
- The editor will also be required to prepare/edit images pertaining to the article.
- As a Senior Editor, you may be required to attend national/international design awards, festivals, and exhibitions to represent Yanko Design.
- Background in or an interest for Industrial Design, Technology, and Transportation Design.
(Also being a reader of Yanko Design would go a long way!)
- At least 2 years of experience in writing (online and/or offline).
- Proficiency in US English. International applicants are welcome.
- Photo Editing Skills (Adobe Photoshop and or similar).
- Knowledge and familiarity with online publishing tools (WordPress) and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with Social Media Tools.
- A Desktop or Laptop with the aforementioned software and a stable internet connection.
(This is a remote position. International applicants are welcome.)
How To Apply
Send in your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a sample article (less than 300 words) regards to the design below: http://bit.ly/2H31yoy