Wheelchair Adaptive Stroller

Parenting in the first stages of infancy can be incredibly challenging – add a mobile disability to the equation and you can imagine how daunting it might seem. The Cursum stroller concept aims to make life a little easier by adapting to use in tandem with a wheelchair. Swivel wheels, complete height adjustment, attention to comfort and visibility and advanced safety features give parents added security and a little independence to an already challenging life experience.

Designer: Cindy Sjöblom

Cursum – Stroller for wheelchair users from Cindy Sjöblom on Vimeo.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi James! The stroller are not for sale, it is just a concept at this stage. Hopfulle there will be a simular stroller in the future 🙂

/ Cindy

• Marissa says:

What is this shit you cant see anything in front of you, I dont know how that blonde chick can see where she’s going. You gotta be 6’5” to see over this!

• Marissa says:

What is this crap you cant see anything in front of you, I dont know how that blonde chick can see where she’s going. You gotta be 6’5” to see over this!

• jody kemp says:

hi….
    my wife and I are having a baby, yay! I am a parapeligic and i am very interested in the cur sun stroller are they commercially available? can i buy that one? how can i find something like this well designed equipment? please help…..jody and kristin.

• jody kemp says:

hi Cindy….

• Cindy Sjoblom says:

Hi Jody and Kristin!

I am sorry to say that there are no stroller like this yet. This project are just a student project and are not for purchase 🙁 But I truly belive that there could be one on the market in some years whene the buissnesses have understod that there is a big need!

/ Cindy

• ALI S. says:

IS THIS IN STORES YET? IVE BEEN CHECKING FOR A YEAR NOW AND I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE OF THESE!

• Hej Cindy!
    Jag heter Veronica o bor i Umeå, jag har en ide som jag skulle vilja komma i kontakt med dig. Maila mig, så berättar jag mer. 😄

Ha en fin dag!
    Veronica

• Hej Cindy!

Ha en fin dag!
    Veronica

• maria Rosaria Martucci says:

Hello I am Italian and i come from Naples; i will want to know if there are shops of this mark. You answer to my e-mail
    Bye bye

• E Landers says:

Hello Cindy!

Thank you SO much for all the time and effort you put into this incredible stroller. What magnificent creativity and engineering! I, too, am eagerly looking forward to production and hope sales will be possible in the United States, too. Fantastic concept – love seeing the brains of a woman put to wonderful use!

E

• Jody kemp says:

I have come up with something equally as good or better because it is available now.!!!! I have worked with aspen seating in Denver Colorado and created a unit that connects direct ly to my to lite wheelchair. Pictures will soon be posted. Hooray for little babies!!!

• Mr John says:

This Wheelchair stroller is great.

• Mrs. Kate says:

Hey Nice stroller for wheelchair user it’s very helpful for wheelchair user and very comfortable.i like that stroller very much.

• Nicola mckee says:

Please can I have details of how to buy this or any other stroller that attaches to a wheelchair. Thanks.

• Steve McGuire says:

Absolutely love this. Hope it will become available very soon. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. As for those conserved with power assist, I’d recommend looking into the Smart Drive from Maxx Monility. For those in rougher terrain areas maybe even add the FreeWheel. Check both out via YouTube/google.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Thank you Steve! I know what FreeWheel is, but I will look up the other tips you mentiond 🙂 / Cindy

• Steven McGuire says:

The Smart Drive is in my opinion the best power assist device on the market. Adds very little weight to the wheelchair and can easily be removed when not needed. Especially if the user drives a regular car and needs to break their chair down and stow it in the car. It adds no weight to the chair or wheels as it is light and is easily removerd from the chair during break down. So its literally just an extra peace, like side guards or arm rests as opposed to something that is more perminantely a part of the chair. like the power assist system used by the gentleman in the above video.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Ok, I see. Looked it up on YouTube. It seems to be simular to other engines that you can add to the chair that gives power when pushing the wheels. But this one is actually an added wheel at the back which is easy to remove and store. Super, thanks for the tip, once again! / Cindy

• Michelle says:

Hi Jody, I’m an occupational therapy student looking for sources of wheelchair strollers. Can you post a picture of your wheelchair/stroller-unit please?

• Noor says:

You are simply amazing – how much is the price ?

• Rachel says:

Any update on the manufacturing of this product? I am interested in purchasing one.

• David says:

The raised position gives the physical contact with the baby and are also helping to lifting the baby in or out of the stroller.This stroller is very useful for the wheelchair person.

• Charles says:

Perfect invention for the physically disable and the stroller is a biggest plus point of the wheelchair.

• Vanessa Brill says:

Hello,

I am very interested in this wheelchair-stroller but I come from Germany. I hope you can give me more Informations and prices.

Best regards
    Vanessa Brill

Hi Vanessa!

The stroller is only a concept and is not available to purchase at this stage.

/ Cindy

Hi Noor!

The stroller is only a concept and is not available to purchase at this stage.

/ Cindy

• This is a wonderful Perfect invention for the physically disable. At least a Dad or Mom who is Disable can go out with their kids!

• You know what? I love this and I hope it will be out soon! This will be one of the best innovation for my friends who are disable.

• LEON says:

Hi!

My name is Leonidas, I’m brazilian and I live in a city called Porto Velho, state of Rondônia. I work with representation.

My wife and I were looking for baby outfit and we noticed that we had a great difficulty on finding good and innovative products, with modern and comfortable design. Searching on some websites, we have found your products, which were exactly what we were looking for and we haven’t found in our city.

Our company operates wih representation and we have a great relationship with shop dealers/auto parts/materials for constructions and local industries.We have an interest to represent your brand in the northern region of Brazil.

We are very interested on being a representative of your brand, in a harmonious partnership.
    We are highly qualified to offer fast, accurate solutions to meet the needs of your company and its customers. However, we put ourselves at the disposal for providing you services, offering organization, responsability and security to our future clients.

Respectfully,
    Leonidas Martins Porto velho/Rondonia.
    Email: [email protected] Telephone number: +55 69 93630014 – whatsapp

• LEON says:

Hi CINDY!

Respectfully,
    Leonidas Martins Porto velho/Rondonia.
    Email: [email protected] Telephone number: +55 69 93630014 – whatsapp

Hi Leonidas!

The stroller is not in production, only a student concept. But if you have any tips of companies that would be interested in developing such a product, that would be interesting for me.

Thanks
    Cindy

• Yacine says:

Hi Jody,
    Would you give more information of similar product? I am really interrested…
    Thanks in advance

• Yacine says:

Dear Cindy,
    My name is Yacine from France. I am writing after seeing your concept of strollers for wheelchairs. I am creating a company in France which aim is to propose any accessory to customize wheelchairs. We are very well interested to produce such a stroller in accordance to your requirements. I let you my contact details so that we can discuss further.
    Yacine CHOUIEB
    Tel: 0033 6 99 50 88 49
    @: [email protected]

• matija says:

Dear Cindy!
    My daughter is tetraplegic (her husband paraplegic) and they decided to be parents. We saw your project in we are enthusiastic because of it! Is it something new about production of your Stroller?
    I wish you a nice day!Thank you for your answer!

matija wabra
    Slovenia

Hi Mitija!

I am sorry to say that there are no production of the stroller. God luck with the baby and I wish you a nice day as well!

/ Cindy

• Reimar says:

Hallo, Cindy,

Let me join the people who posted before in appraising your product. I am a quadriplegic father of a two-year-old son and as such would be absolutely happy to buy your product. Do you see any chance of that happening? Could we parents with a disability support you and your project? Please let us know. I do think there is a market and demand for your stroller.

Whatever may turn out with your project, thank you very much for your time and effort. It is much appreciated, believe me.

Yours
    Reimar, Germany

Hi Reimer!

I am glad to hear that you like my stroller concept. As the situation looks right now the stroller is not yet on the market, but I hope that it one day will be.

Regarding support from parents with disability, that would been of great help if I would try to market it myself. But for now on I am still a student and I am focusing I will focus on my studies for now on, one more year to go. But who knows what happens in the future, maybe later on I will get a chance to continue developing and market the stroller 🙂

Reguards
    Cindy

Hi Reimer!

Regards
    Cindy

• Tia Mogilevsky says:

I have a 10 year old son with cerebral palsy and his wheel chair also has a head rest for support but the problem is I am now 6 months pregnant with a baby girl and it would be more than convenient for me to have this wonderful product especially since I don’t have a car at this time. The area I live in doesn’t even have ant transportation other than medical transport so I have to walk everywhere. I hope you find the time to get this product up an running so my life can be made so much easier. Grocery shopping is the worst right now can you imagine a stroller and wheelchair and grocery basket too. Please if you have any ideas as to what I can do write back asap.

Hi Tia!

I understand your problem and you are not the first one mentioning to connect the stroller to your childs wheelchair. The stroller is only a concept and is not on the market today, maybe in the future..

I wish you good luck and hope you will manage to solve it some other way

Regards
    Cindy

• Mr Richard says:

Wheelchair adaptive stroller is the best option for the wheelchair users to take care of the baby easily and also while going out too.

• Angel says:

Where can I buy this? I’m in a wheelchair and I want to start a family. I need one of these but pram centres don’t sell them

Hej Angel!

Sorry, it is only a student project at the time.

/ Cindy

• Angel says:

Ok 😞. Will there be a finished product though. This would benefit many people

Hi Angel!

I cann’t be sure for now, but let cross out fingers.

/ Cindy

• Angel says:

Do you know if I can get something like this elsewhere?

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

What I know there is no product like this on the market today, sorry.

/ Cindy

• Ness says:

This would make my life so much easier! Especially if there were a double stroller… my husband pushing my in my chair while I’m trying to steer a huge stroller with my arms is so extremely challenging. Thank you for making this!!! I can not wait to have one!

• Hayley says:

Hi Cindy,

finish your degree soon so you can start making lives 100 times easier. I am totally up for buying one when available. Expecting in December 😉