Key Control

Finder is a two-part RFID Locator comprising of the main terminal and tab stickers. Basically you are supposed to stick the tracking stickers to objects that you tend to misplace often, like keys, phone, wallet etc. Configure the sticker with the appropriate label on the main terminal and you are set to use it. No more lost keys again, yay!

Designers: Chu Wang, Qiujin Kou, Qian Yin & Yonghua Zhang

• Fajas says:

I wonder what you would use if ever you loose the gadget instead.

• edward lansang says:

how can i buy this? Thanks

• Marcus says:

Find your kids in a crowd, at the park, at Disney land, at the mall and never lose them. This could be huge!!!

• Jimmy says:

I need this. Most of the time I am forgetful

• Anonymous says:

But this could be used to locate other items as well. not just keys.

• Great idea but how far away from the lost object will it work and will the stickers stick?

• Anastasia says:

Really. How can i buy it?

• Jaik says:

What happens when you lose the transparent RFID tracker?

• Hani Majaj says:

This is very close to what I’ve been looking for, excellent gadget! where can I place an order?

thanks in advance,
    Hani Majaj
    MIS

• Sharaf Aqeel says:

Any info on where I can buy this? Thanks

• Jim says:

I would buy @ least a dozen. Where.how.can I purchase, cost, volume discounts?

• Gabriel says:

When will this be available in the YD Store?

• Mikpike says:

a cell phone is one of the easiest things to find if lost
    So the phone is the natural choice “finder” for this technology

• ML says:

Just write an app for that! C’mon, iOS is entirely ready for it., prolly android is too.

• Jd says:

And than you misplace it…

• Daniel says:

But, what happens when you can’t find your phone? Screwed then hu?

• Mike says:

Anything can be lost, phones are one of the easiest to find

• Franco says:

What is the cost and where can I buy them?

• faith says:

Has do I get this? Has anyone tried it yet?

• Pam says:

Could you make it an app for an iPad; I never lose that. I’m afraid I would lose the handheld portion of this system.

• chris says:

Where can I buy that

• Stacey says:

I would purchase this if it were made available. I have a deaf cat and a locator this small could go on his collar and not bother him. Since he stays in the house it would work perfectly. Not your usual application for this type of gadget but it would be much easier than doing a sweep of the whole house top to bottom to find him.

• Chelsey says:

have you looked into a cobra tag or a find key ? they really aren’t that big and it would hang from his collar and you could take a rubber band or super glue to secure it to his collar so it won’t move around. idk, worth a shot I think. anyway I hope you find this product if its real. I have been looking and I can’t find where to purchase it either. Ill post a link for you if I do though =]

• DEBBIE says:

I WOULD BUY ONE FOR ME AND ONE FOR EVERYONE I KNOW. I HAD THIS IDEA 2 YEARS AGO AND HAD NO WAY TO “PRODUCE IT” GOOD FOR YOU…HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY ON THE MARKET AND FOR SALE??????? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?????

• Marijke says:

Where can i buy this? Hoe much is it?

• vanessa says:

2 questions,
    when are they hopping to make it available to purchase this, price range?

• SySfS says:

you find your phone by calling it… of all things you can lose your phone HAS to be the easiest to find.

• Cassie says:

Yes but what if it was out of battery? I lost my dead phone and never found it (still looking)

• sysfs says:

touche! But I believe that is the exception that proves the rule. I have an app on my android phone that shoots the phones location to a server just before the battery dies to mitigate that problem somewhat but… you do have a valid point. Nothing is “unloseable” 😉

• Evie Hawley says:

I am a parent of child with special needs and I want to track something like this down. Even if it is not as streamlined. I am an engineer and my don’t see how they expect to do it passively- I was expecting bluetooth but not passively.
    If you have investigated it- do you have any leads for me? I am thinking something I can stick on the ipad,ipod, and other expensive adaptive tools we buy our daughter.
    I have seen this picture and device lots of places but it appears more of a concept someone is shopping around vs. a product I can buy. Do you have any leads you are willing to share?

• Hunter says:

Great idea, but I’d prefer the product on this page.
      The tags are much smaller and therefore don’t require much from the objects in question.

• 4 designer design this easy thing?

someone do you have this problem with FIND KEY?

• dehwei says:

crap. that was my idea (but much more improved), but i’m too young to do anything about it. 🙁

• Carolyn says:

I haven’t found a locator yet that will work for me. I need to be able to attach something to my glasses. I’ve been searching and searching and searching, but all the other ones I’ve seen have giant tags to attach to the missing objects.

• john says:

wait what if the sticker is like under the couch will it still track it

• john says:

wait what if the sticker is like under the couch will it still track it???

• al gonzalez says:

I would like to purchase this product please send me information

• al gonzalez says:

I would like to purchase this product please send me information.

• heather says:

Great idea….but what if the locator is lost?? I would rather have an app on my mobile phone rather than ANOTHER gadget to carry!

• HappyHen says:

I would only purchase this if I could use my iPad/tablet as the tracking device

• sam says:

The problem with that is you just listed all the devices I’d likely be slapping a sticker on and trying to find. It’s a seperate device for a reason, if it were an iphone/pad/pod app, how would you find your iphone/pad/pod when it was lost? The things you lose are the things that you use everyday, that are usually glued to your hand until you leave them in x location. This thing lives in a drawer or on a wall until one of THOSE THINGS needs finding. 🙂

• Mike says:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hunter says:

Perhaps if you designed a wall bracket to be placed in a central location, so that the locator is not easily lost.

• Darius449202 says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the active variety which this is assuming it is, need to be powered somehow? Ie a battery?

• Mark says:

Too bad the technology for this doesn’t exist yet. I’m a radio engineer and understand how RFID works. Although the really small tags exist, (passive tags) they only work to maybe a couple of feet. They have no internal power so their range is very limited. There are active tags that require a battery, but they are much large. There are numerous systems out there that use active tags, Loc8tor for example. As for a phone app, the problem there is the phone does not have the correct technology built into the phone to make it work. I too went through the exercise of making something like this with the very small passive tags. too bad it won’t work, no yet anyway.

• presto says:

Can I buy this right now? perfect design for disc golf!!! The tiny sticker would have little or no effect on disc flight

• Dave says:

This thing does not exist, it is a concept they are working on.

• Anjani says:

For my elderly mom…this gadget would be priceless…uh…if she could find it!

• kdog says:

the app will be cheap, the tags will be dirt cheap. the only issue lies in sensing the tags…it takes quite a bit of power to detect a chip’s location from 3ft away, i imagine it’s exponential for 9ft and 18ft…and 18ft doesnt help much most of the time.

• saeed says:

Please send your contact info. to your sales manager to discuss joint cooperation.
    saeed

• saeed says:

Please send your contact info. of your sales manager to discuss joint cooperation
    saeed

• Ds1999 says:

I really could use one of these. And I’m very new to this site and was wondering how I could buy one if I can. Also how would it navigate you through hallways? Does it just know the building or do you have to Like do a walk through of the perimeter of the house?

• Ds1999 says:

The entire point of it is that you can leave it in a drawer because you lose your iPhones and iPads 50 times more than you lose this. It stays in a drawer or a shelf but the point is is that you don’t need the device for everyday life.

• Traceface says:

Sweet mother of INeedThatness (?) That is amazing! I need it! … WAIT! What happens if you lose that??? ;]