Long Playing Phonographic iPhone

The Turntable iPhone Dock combines two objects emblematic of their times to create harmony between past and present. Technology is often blamed for our disconnect with society but technologies were not created to isolate. The problem is products generally aren’t designed to create continuity. This turntable not only plays your old LP’s but also encodes them into MP3’s sent straight to your charging iPhone. Modern tech has also made possible for a small amp and sound bar down front for room filling sound. Very nice execution.

Designer: Olivier Meynard

• Mike says:

Uuugh…so unsexy. And it's not "nicely executed" in any way.

• Mike says:

Uuugh…so unsexy. And it's not “nicely executed” in any way.

• Mike says:

Uuugh…so unsexy. And it's not “nicely executed” in any way.

• Audiophile says:

@ Mike. Don't hate. It's an incredibly clean and sexy design.

• Audiophile says:

@ Mike. Don't hate. It's an incredibly clean and sexy design.

• Wow!!! What a gadget. I like it,.

• Wow!!! What a gadget. I like it,.

• Dave says:

Mike is right. The design and presentation are both poorly executed and come off as cheesy and amateurish. However, this criticism should be viewed as an invitation to improve. If the designer enjoys what they do, then more devotion to their craft is not a bad thing.

• Brian says:

Boy it's sure easy to criticize on this site. All you designers up on your high horses. Often it's the idea what is most important not the rendering and not everyone sits behind a desk just making pretty pictures, some people actually spend their time making the product become reality. I seem more people comment on renderings than on actual concepts, like poser wanna be designers who can never go beyond rendering a pretty picture. Constructive criticism is far more useful.

• Brian says:

• Mr.Crow says:

Hipsters would buy the shit out of it. It will make serious cash.

• Mr.Crow says:

Hipsters would buy the shit out of it. It will make serious cash.

• Eno Mths Rasmussen says:

newer gonna give up my micro seiki rx1500 turntable. but i like the idea og integrating modern technology.

• Eno Mths Rasmussen says:

• asdfg says:

renders like crap

• asdfg says:

renders like crap

• DCO says:

I think it's great idea. why desginers must to create always new objects. the transition is less hard between to generations with this concept

• DCO says:

• Katia says:

I think this is a very original idea!! beautiful presentation! not so many people could imagine the idea of the union of past and present technologies! I like it. Katia

• Katia says:

• kleinraum says:

Two words: Dieter Rams

• kleinraum says:

Two words: Dieter Rams

• Sabeletodo says:

“This turntable not only plays your old LP’s but also encodes them into MP3′s sent straight to your charging iPhone.”

It encode completely untagged MP3s that your iPod would list as “unknown title; unknown artist”.

@kleinraum – I see the Dieter Rams comparison, if Rams was designing a turntable/coffee table combo. I think Rams would have forgone the wasted real estate around the iPod niche.

• Louis Songor says:

Please get this off the ground. It is a great idea many have thought of but haven't been able to execute.

• Louis Songor says:

• Ninie says:

Nice turntable in noble material : wood. Well done to have re-update the wood with this new technology.

• Ninie says:

• mary says:

Great ! we could appreciate all the more beauty of this wooden turntable thanks to technology. A timeless concept very interesting ! Mary

• mary says:

• Kevin Stober says:

I been waiting and hoping something like this would make it to market. Us vinyl collection owners would love to have this.
    And the design is epic with wood and modern design, I think you hit a home run and a winner if you get this project to the market.
    I..Want…One!

• Kevin Stober says:

I..Want…One!

• matthew says:

looks like a yamaha yp-b4 with an ipod doc …

• matthew says:

looks like a yamaha yp-b4 with an ipod doc …

• wow I want this… I have so much vinyl I'd love to convert it all

• wow I want this… I have so much vinyl I'd love to convert it all

• Adrienne says:

Pretty! This hass been an incredibly wonderful article.
    Thankjs foor providng tyis information.