Over The Edge Printing

Printers are necessary evils, your office can’t function without them and they occupy too much of space! Maybe this is why concept designers are playing with the form…like we saw this L-shaped printer almost two years ago, and presently this re-defined Hanging Printer by Jaesik Heo. The refinements come in the form of printer placement and additional “bucket space” to hold the paper. Pretty neat actually, only if the manufacturers will listen to us!

Designer: Jaesik Heo

• David says:

It doesn't appear functional to me. I could be wrong, I'm not an engineer. But the paper has to make some tight corners, I see a lot of jams, crappy prints, and folded paper coming out of it if the papper can come out of it.

nice concept though

• David says:

nice concept though

• Joseph says:

I So Need this

• Joseph says:

I So Need this

• David says:

@David, Paper doesn't fold, jam or whatever if you let it rotate around a wheel. Make it make bigger turns instead of sharp ones. In fact, a lot of current day printers already do this, as well as the newspaper printers etc… I personally really like this design and I think it is very easily achievable and it's stupid that no one else did not come up with this sooner.

• David says:

• Alaor says:

Why your prints start at the bottom?

• Alaor says:

Why your prints start at the bottom?

• Amy says:

Paper goes through a roller in the printer anyway… I think this is a great idea! I'm a student and my desk is so overcrammed I bought my printer its own desk.

• Amy says:

• hyun says:

David… its called a ‘concept design’. Who cares about functionality

• anon says:

Wouldn't fit my desk… Also not a fan of the form factors – looks very 1980s and clunky.

• anon says:

• Glenn says:

I disagree, look at a canon pixma printer with the tray on the bottom, the paper goes thru a tight 180 deg bend and never gets jammed, I think its a beautiful and elegant solution

• Glenn says:

• kim says:

not same person. in your link.. that's first.

• Can someone tell me where can i find a store? I want to buy this printer ASAP. Thanks