The Everlasting Baby Pram

The new-age prams are a step-up from the old-gen and transform to become strollers but beyond that I don’t think any designer has come up with ingenious ideas to extend their useful life. Babyoom is what I’d like to call useful thinking, with all probabilities of becoming a cherished family heirloom passed down generations! From ages 0 to 3 it serves as a faithful baby buggy and car seat; from ages 3 to 6 it transforms to a children’s cycle; and beyond that it can be used as a shopping cart for all your shopping sprees.

The lightweight body and easy steps to assemble make this concept a winner. The beauty is that one frame is used for all the 3 setups. If this was around when I had my kids, I know I would have bought it for them.

Designers: Jeong Haedong & Bae Junseong

• msibda says:

Where can I get one of these???

• msibda says:

Where can I get one of these???

• dl7und says:

Nice to see an actually useful design once in a while… But this also means it will probably never enter production…

• dl7und says:

• Sudeep says:

Damn! Unbelievably awesome. I wish someone starts making these soon.

• Sudeep says:

Damn! Unbelievably awesome. I wish someone starts making these soon.

• meks says:

Super great idea, The pram handle to extend much higher however for an adult to be able to push it.

• meks says:

• Very nice design indeed! I just can't figure out how you'll steer the front wheel?

• sun says:

Wow!! Very cool idea. This Design is scientific and practical. I hope that soon these products Release.
    Mr.Jung. I applaud you.

• sun says:

Mr.Jung. I applaud you.

• wow! it's nice and useful. congratulation !

• wow! it's nice and useful. congratulation !

• mif991 says:

I hate it when I am the only one with negative comments. But ergonomics for the adult pushing this stroller seems off target. Good concept if designer can overcome the problems though.

• mif991 says:

• jenny says:

wow i wanna get this one!!!

• jenny says:

wow i wanna get this one!!!

• Todd says:

That's not a bicycle, but a tricycle… and they assume kids will use it until age 6? Kids are using those those "scoot bike" things from a much earlier age, so they can start to learn balance. The wheels also look quite stiff and unforgiving. The shopping cart is meant to be used with a car, or to walk down the street? While your rides in circles around you on their real bike? Will this unrepairable plastic thing last that long anyway?

• june says:

This concept is the idea.
      In fact, you have to be modified to be too much.
      If you have an idea as a concept, the concept has only to think.

• Todd says:

That's not a bicycle, but a tricycle… and they assume kids will use it until age 6? Kids are using those those “scoot bike” things from a much earlier age, so they can start to learn balance. The wheels also look quite stiff and unforgiving. The shopping cart is meant to be used with a car, or to walk down the street? While your rides in circles around you on their real bike? Will this unrepairable plastic thing last that long anyway?

• june says:

This concept is the idea.
      In fact, you have to be modified to be too much.
      If you have an idea as a concept, the concept has only to think.

• I'm about to buy a stroller within the next two weeks, get this in production a.s.a.p and you'll have at least one customer 😉

Awesome concept!

Awesome concept!

• @r2lang says:

Cool!!That's good idea!

• @r2lang says:

Cool!!That's good idea!

• karl says:

working prototype and you could be there.

• karl says:

working prototype and you could be there.

• D Ho says:

how would a 1 year old fit in this seat, let alone a 3 year old?

• D Ho says:

how would a 1 year old fit in this seat, let alone a 3 year old?

• Den says:

As a father of two daughters I clearly see that author do not have kids 8^)
    And know nothing about mechanics (just his own young age's experience will be enough to rethink size of wheel's pedals 8^) if you want to move this tricycle, of course)

Such "design" is extremely dangerous for kid in range 0-3!

Maybe be funny as a tricycle but all other looks useless, sorry.

• ringo kan says:

it also dangerous for parent!!! see …. the rear wheel must kick your feet!!! i never seen a baby cart 's rear wheel is behind the handle!!!!

• Den says:

As a father of two daughters I clearly see that author do not have kids 8^)

Such “design” is extremely dangerous for kid in range 0-3!

Maybe be funny as a tricycle but all other looks useless, sorry.

• ringo kan says:

• ringo kan says:

it is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3 points:
    1) the baby cart cannot turning! there are no turning wheels!!!
    2) when you pushing the baby cart /trolly the rear wheel will kick your feet!!!
    3) the rear wheel never behind the handle!!!!!!!!! so that user can push down the cart to climbing up a step!!!!!!!!!
    actually there are many steps on the road, shopping mall

• ringo kan says:

it is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3 points:
    1) the baby cart cannot turning! there are no turning wheels!!!
    2) when you pushing the baby cart /trolly the rear wheel will kick your feet!!!
    actually there are many steps on the road, shopping mall

• ringo kan says:

it is Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!4 points:
    1) the baby cart cannot turning! there are no turning wheels!!!
    2) when you pushing the baby cart /trolly the rear wheel will kick your feet!!!
    actually there are many steps on the road/shopping mall
    4) the seat height is too high for a tricycle!!!!!

• ringo kan says:

it is Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!4 points:
    1) the baby cart cannot turning! there are no turning wheels!!!
    2) when you pushing the baby cart /trolly the rear wheel will kick your feet!!!
    actually there are many steps on the road/shopping mall
    4) the seat height is too high for a tricycle!!!!!

• It's a nice concept; however, how are the baby/toddler's legs supported in the egg shaped pod? There's no recliner option for the baby to kick back & take a snooze. Moms do need the swivel wheels and a shock suspension on this would rock too!

• I’ve seen a couple of strollers in my day, and I have to admit, it *looks* cool. It also looks stiff, and hard to maneuver. You have to wonder how comfortable the baby is going to be. It would be great if the illustrations showed a baby in the stroller. it is an interesting idea, nonetheless.

Garry Edwards