A Danish Super Car?

Oh snap! It’s a Danish super car. Somehow those words don’t go together in my head. When I think super car, I think Japan, America, Italy, Germany, maybe even France and England – but Denmark? It’s true, the Zenvo ST1 is a real Danish supercar with excessive power; a V8 1,104 pony galloping engine to be exact. The turbocharged 7.0 liter 6 speed manual tranny pushes the Zenvo ST1 from 0-60 in just 3 seconds. For safety and legal reasons, the car is electronically limited to 232 mph.

A car that fast needs major brakes to stop it and this baby uses a set of ventilates 380 mm disc brakes and 6 piston calipers up front, 355 mm discs gripped by 6 piston calipers at the rear. Made entirely of a steel frame wrapped in a carbon fiber body, the styling is striking and contemporary. Personally I think it’s a little contrived (angry blowfish?) but a head turner for sure and pretty much unlike any other recognizable super car on the road.

The interior is a different story. It’s pure luxury – strange for a super car. The alcantara leather trimmed interior hosts a bevy of high-tech niceties like dual zone climate control, full set of airbags, cruise control (at 232 mph no less), keyless entry, racing seats, and a G-force meter for all you gear heads.

How much is it gonna cost? I’m not sure but only 15 will be made so you can bet your bottom dollar only 3% 2% 1% .001% of the world’s population can afford it.

Designer: Zenvo

Tags

• xoxo says:

Wow, now that is fierce!

• Mat says:

I thought building a road legal car with more than 1,000 hp was near impossible and that's one of the things that made the Veyron so special. I guess its easy all of a sudden since I've seen 3 or 4 hyper cars with more than 1,000 hp after the Bugatti.

• Mat says:

• Rob Chant says:

Hum, well considering that 99% of the planet’s well is concentrated in less than 1% of the population, I should think it would be a lot less than 3% of people would could afford it… more like 0.000003% perhaps? 😉

• Mat says:

that is stunning; i love it when a car looks pissed off.

• Patrick says:

Audi R8 + Ferrari 430

• john says:

Well when i hear supercar i definitely dont think japan… wat the hell kinda supercars does japan make? the honda civic? hahaha

• aw135 says:

ummmmmmmm… GTR…

• poop says:

Honda NSX?

• Bighands says:

^^Owned LOL^^

• Kunimitsu Takahashi says:

the reason japan doesn’t have the kind of super cars europe has is in part because of laws restricting speed and power. typically top speed and hp are limited. Do your homework!

• Michael says:

The nose (more to the point) makes me think of fish, about to catch a hook. A very pissed off fish.

Maybe a barramundi or something close.

• Chung Dha says:

Mazda Furai that is a great Japanese super car

• JohnC says:

Well, it looks like a R8 and I wouldn’t mind that but what in the name of all did they do under the head- & taillights?

• powers says:

Well the Gillet Vertigo is Belgian. people all over the world love going fast. especially the Europeans. That doesn’t mean it is a well built, engineered or designed super car.

• Slopcier says:

looks like an elise crossed with an enzo which crashed into an evo x. looks awesome, plenty agro with a good dollop of smooth lines. nicely exclusivity too 😀

• klamydius says:

motivation to be in the world’s top .01%

• JICE says:

Ooo look a Nissan GTR with a body kit, that definitely what it looks like

• AR says:

Audi+Volkswagen+Ferrari+Nissan Skyline=this thing.

I can clearly see specific design cues from those cars and have all been mixed into this one, mixed rather well too!

• Coben says:

If anyone shouldn’t be in that “supercar” category it would be us Americans…sure we do have a few supercars, but for the most part I would think Italy, Japan, Germany and England first and foremost.

• Epicwin says:

Hennessey? Hello? The Venom GT supposedly beats out even a Veyron.

• Epicwin says:

Hennessey? Hello? The Venom GT supposedly beats out even a Veyron.

• dan says:

Thank you Coben for being honest, I was annoyed this guy thinks England, or British super cars don't exist, lol he knows nothing about cars.

• lolaslolas says:

6 speed manual tranny, HAHAHAHAHAHA, you’re an idiot. Seriously though, that’s one hell of a good looking car.

• 0.001% of the population? I think you’ll need to add a few more zeroes.

• Eric says:

It’s nice looking, but there’s too many crevices for me, I like smoother…

• Ric says:

Is a Danish super car that farfetched? Sweden’s got the Koenigsegg.

• roy jones jr says:

well if i cant afford the real deal, im gonna get the 1:15 scale version of the car. 😀
    i like the design & i am glad to see that there are some car companies out there still wanting to make ‘beast mode’ cars! Thank you Zenvo!!

• flifflof says:

The car is designed by the danish cardesign consultancy hermann @ brandt, http://www.hermann-brandt.com, the same guys who did the Sondergard presented in march 2008.

• Robert says:

Another “We can too” from scandinavia. Yawn.

• Martin says:

A masterpiece from the 2 danish designers Jesper Hermann and Christian Brandt! I hope I get to see it on th streets once in my life 😛

• stephen russell says:

Id drive this, rent this, need Manumatic or Tiptronic mode, Radical.
    Produce this.
    Very Cool.
    Very Euro.

• Amar says:

This car is simply a stunning monster…………..

• ricco says:

sorry, but americans do not make supercars. italy, germany, sweden and japan make supercars. americans only know how to make SUVs, shitty muscle cars and ridiculous hybrids. All of which are poorly engineered, dangerously unsafe (by euro standards) and unreliable.

• bert says:

yeah…but can it crush cars

• bert says:

yeah…but can it crush cars

• eminem says:

the only gt-r-ish thing about this design is the colors.so i have no idea what you guys are going on about with zenvo and gt-r.if anything goes,it should be lambo-like.with the sharp front edges and the angry outlook of both cars,which i think is what zenvo's design adapted from

• eminem says:

• usedcarlot says:

If a Lambo, Aston Martin, and Ferrari had a baby.

• usedcarlot says:

If a Lambo, Aston Martin, and Ferrari had a baby.

• 7ra says:

You're all idiots, and I rarely ever say that. Only Germans make real sports cars – At least ones that don't require maintenance every other month (There go your Lambos and Ferraris) or ones that require a massive over haul (More turbos than wind generators in Germany, cheap plastic body kits, reconstruction of your weak engines and requirement for more Nitrous-oxide than all the Dentist in the world could afford to buy) after coming out the factory, there go your lousy toy/family cars from Nissan, Toyota, Honda and Subaru. And don't get me started on America, I wouldn't even put them under the category of being cars. They look great in kiddie movies like 'Too Fast and Too Furious' but they will always go down as being ricers.

IF you want a real car that will in fact keep running and continue working long after keeping it going 300km/h on the Autobahn for 4 or 5 consecutive hours, and a car that will actually pass all safety tests and keep you the at the highest possibility rate of allowing you get out of a car on your own powers after a deadly car accident AND have a body design that is for once original and will remain looking "modern" decades (That's right, I said. Just look at a E32 from 87' which was a family car anyways) afterwards, than don't bother picking anything other than Mercedes, BMW or Audi. I'm not even including Porsche or the various tuning companies as Alpina or Brabus that could theoretically go under the title of being standalone automotive makers by definition that also kick the living hell out of any other automotive company that originates from anywhere but Germany, I won't even bother getting into any details in this post because I'm wasting more time than I should be as it is but I couldn't just let this go. This entire discussion is closed, I'm sorry, haha.

• AJ. says:

how about a Nissan GTR ??

• Max Normal says:

Correct, if you have a cubic cranium and want everyone to hate you. You don't buy a supercar for reliability you buy it for the love of motoring, which is why most people buy a Ferrari, and Lamborghini or an Aston Martin. Sorry, discussion closed BwaHA! HA! Eat some schadenfruede fritz, for you the war is over!!!

• 7ra says:

IF you want a real car that will in fact keep running and continue working long after keeping it going 300km/h on the Autobahn for 4 or 5 consecutive hours, and a car that will actually pass all safety tests and keep you the at the highest possibility rate of allowing you get out of a car on your own powers after a deadly car accident AND have a body design that is for once original and will remain looking “modern” decades (That's right, I said. Just look at a E32 from 87' which was a family car anyways) afterwards, than don't bother picking anything other than Mercedes, BMW or Audi. I'm not even including Porsche or the various tuning companies as Alpina or Brabus that could theoretically go under the title of being standalone automotive makers by definition that also kick the living hell out of any other automotive company that originates from anywhere but Germany, I won't even bother getting into any details in this post because I'm wasting more time than I should be as it is but I couldn't just let this go. This entire discussion is closed, I'm sorry, haha.

• AJ. says:

how about a Nissan GTR ??

• Max Normal says:

• Simon says:

It´s not only the first supercar from denmark – it´s their first car ever! great starter 🙂
    It´s just so angry and yet so beautiful. Nothing like the boring german cars wich all look the same.
    The engine is pretty amazing to with both supercharger and turbo – this i´ve never seen before.
    This is in my opinion the coolest car ever build!

• TheDane says:

No it isnt….. The City-El is a danish invention.. The Germans just bought the company who made the car, some years later

• Simon says:

Its not only the first supercar from denmark – its their first car ever! great starter 🙂
    Its just so angry and yet so beautiful. Nothing like the boring german cars wich all look the same.
    The engine is pretty amazing to with both supercharger and turbo – this ive never seen before.
    This is in my opinion the coolest car ever build!

• TheDane says:

• Peter says:

0.001% of 6,886,600,000 is 68866.
    You are saying about 68866 people will be able to afford one (out of 15) of these.