Really Easy Install Twist Chair

I’m going to imagine I have a huge house with an expansive yard and every big yard needs seating, so instead of the normal 4 legs that make up a chair, I get the Twist, a chair with a corkscrew base. Yes, just twist it down into the ground until it’s stable and sit at your heart’s content. Sure it’s a little impractical but have a sense of humor will ya? Just be careful not to spin in it or you’ll end up in China.

Designer: Nick Ross

• zippyflounder says:

bravo, you at least made a mockup/mule…thats big juju in my book, as to the rest…dunno seems a bit “over” for the job.

• enoo says:

This is funny, but sadly it doesn’t look pratical at all, and it’s not really nice looking.
    Also, I don’t like making holes in the grass 🙂

• stu says:

where does it say anything about grass or lawns? all the images are in some kind of forest. so where will all the underground cables be then?

stop making up things up just to give negative feedback

i like like its light-heartedness .

• TH says:

Today in Design Jeopardy: Goofy things for 100$: What do you get when you cross a chair with a pogo stick?

• Willzville says:

Wouldn’t that suck to end up in china. Lol.

• Shiella says:

Can we play jumping with the chair 🙂 ?

• IGreenSpot says:

I don’t think I will ever need this chair, I prefer the “classic” one

• glenn says:

Be sure to call Miss Utility before you drive that spike into an underground electrical cable.

• blipoids says:

Oh… criticism must be an ego booster…
    I personally think it’s neat! Would definitely bury some in my garden – that is… if I had one! It has it’s flaws however – for outdoor use… but the concept is not that flummoxing. 🙂

• markuspea says:

That’s the worst design for a non-existent problem I’ve ever seen. The folding chairs’ simplicity and ease of use make this chair an idiotic idea.

• Bob Kooyman says:

You have a fabulous idea. You just missed your market. Take it to the beach!

It’s great, light, small, and transportable. Stable and easy to install. Now, adapt your base to an umbrella and watch them FLY off the shelves. And send me my royalty cheque!

• Lim says:

Find it a little bit lame…

• Sue says:

i think it b better if its just a chair base… its a hassle to carry it around when its heavy, and all u wanna do is just sit… do i really want to go thru a lot of trouble ‘screwing a chair’ .. just to sit down… i rather sit on the floor in this situation.. its like doing DIY!

but still interesting concept!

• 'Fro says:

I personally think its a nice idea since you cant use a regular chair on a slope as shown above.

Mind you i dont think its ment to be a practical piece but more of a discussion peice.

“It may not be the most practical of chairs but it poses the question, where can i sit?”

very anthony dunne

the fro

• 'Fro says:

very anthony dunne

the fro

• puntheone says:

I think you’ve really hit the nail on the head. For me this piece is far more than a chair, but a comment on enjoying nature and the outdoors wherever whenever. Designed to make us think and engage.
      More critical design than traditional furniture design. Very Interesting.

• AL9000 says:

I’ve known this man for nigh over a decade, he’s work has always been considered visionary and well thought out by his peers and friends, a future household name for sure. Rock on my swedish brother.

• rob says:

screw it into the ground and maybe hit a phone line or electric lines that are buried throughout peoples yard.

• Something says:

All the nay-sayers are really missing the point about this chair. You could easily place this anywhere, including inclines and hills, and leave it there for people to relax. A foldable chair is nice when you have level ground, but where is the fun in that? This is infact quite practical, considering it looks like you could plant this into the ground with a little man-power. The alternative is to use a machine to dig a hole and then cement a stationary chair there. Suddenly, its a lot cheaper and easier to set up viewing areas, and they’re less permanent.

To the people saying you’ll hit power and phone lines: I’m fairly certain any dangerous lines are buried more than the 1 to 2 feet this would dig into the ground. Soil erosion and random digging by animals more than qualify for power companies to invest the time to dig more than 2 feet into the ground to lay dangerous current carrying wires.

• Until you can fold this up and take it places… its sorta useless.

• Kris says:

There is not enough controversy in design these days!

Something we should think about maybe?

• billy says: