P-Per Mobile Phone Could Challenge iPhone

Those sweet lads over at the Chocolate Agency have come up with yet another delectable concept dubbed P-Per; a concept mobile phone that would satisfy both environmentalists and tech nerds. The design consists of just 4 layers, a printed circuit board, extruded polycarbonate, recycled titanium, and a wrap around flexible haptic LED touchscreen. By minimizing materials, the design is highly sustainable.

The wrap around screen allows for endless user interface possibilities not to mention bezeless picture/movie taking and watching. If that weren’t enough to challenge the iPhone, how about a 7mm wafer thin form factor, 3 megapixel camera, and a 2 minute recharge time!

Designer: Chocolate Agency

• Canastrophy says:

I’d buy that. (And it’s a good reason for me NOT to buy an iPhone.)

• Edmilson Júni says:

Simplesmente SENSACIONAL !!!!! Eu quero um!!! Quando chega aqui no Brasil????

• Edmilson Júnior says:

Simplesmente SENSACIONAL !!!!! Eu quero um!!! Quando chega aqui no Brasil????

• IdouBeliieevEIt says:

is it even out yet cuz i wanna buy it sooo much i dnt care how much it is i want it 😀

• IdouBeliieevEIt says:

ive bought an i phone there absolutley rubbish i really cant wait to get rid of mine in october to get that gorgous p-per

• Impressive! 😮

• Avin says:

Nice… work, besides the specs/concept that has been touched on , yes they are more appealing when compared with the iPhone, infact, many phone’s specs are easily much better than the iPhone.

but what the iPhone has offered than no other phone till date has come close it, it’s OS. Sybiam is clumsy and slow, WM6, needless to say , pretty much useless.. just like windows, any other in house OS fails badly on the UI, and they are usually very ugly and clumsy.

So unless this phone’s UI and OS is better, if not comparable to Mac OS X, i’d say it’s just a pipe dream. nothing much to talk about.

• cafeine says:

i don’t exactly feel your comment:

wm6 pretty much useless?….errr…If you are referring as a stand alone os then ok, but with the dev possibilities unlimited, you can do whatever you want with your wm6 device.

also, what exactly does it mean to you and to every consumer that the iphone has a small version of mac os x?….when safari doesn’t support flash, when you have no ability to install third party software, when you are limited to apple’s specs and software?…so where exactly do you use the so called COMPLETE OS ….(also i don’t get why wm6 shouldn’t be considered a minimazed complete os from XP)….

iphone is a good mp3 player mobile phone, but not an all around complete package…

friendly regards,
      cafeine

• steve says:

No third party software? I guess you missed the whole “app store” thing. 99.9% of those were developed by third parties — over 30,000 apps at last count, I believe..

(So, what we have above is yet another person who knows nothing about the iPhone, reviewing the iPhone. Sad, but all too common.)

• Jimmy C says:

That's not what s/he meant. Apps are second party because the iTunes store sells them. You can't directly have a third party program unless your phone is jailbroken.

• Jimmy C says:

Just because OS is better doesn't make it a pipe dream. Lots of people would probably still buy this phone. After all, a two minute charge time is a HUGE plus! 🙂

• Rene says:

I WANT IT NOOOOOOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE IT TO MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sungwoo Park says:

so gooood idea…..

• san says:

where n when can I buy p-per phone????

• Pinolo says:

• P3nnst8r says:

When the prices of OLEDs get driven down, i could see this being a possibility.

• Skylab says:

That is impressive! It certainly “P-Pers” all over the iPhone, that’s for sure.

• Bonobgood says:

great concept – love the speed GUIs are moving forward

• Atrahasis says:

The see-through camera mode is just too cool. I am always one to trumpet function over form, but this thing would be so far ahead of anything out there that I’m sure I would be compelled to buy one.

• Peteualaw says:

That is one of the coolest phone concepts EVER. This would kick the iPhone out of the water.

• Acemonster says:

VERY nice concept phone. But, what kind of battery life does one get when running a full screen display like that?

Also, is it really that thin? I’m a stickler for thin phones. I want to just drop it in my front pocket and not have it bother be when I sit or walk.

• Sneakerfiend says:

Wow if this phone was advertiesed im sure half a million people would probably put a reserve on the phone a month before the actual release date.
    Just like the iphone made 600k+ sales in the first few months
    im sure this phone would beat that record with ease.
    This is a phone i’d feel proud of pulling out in public.

• very nice… but how long tdo the charges last?

• Region2 says:

Now, I’m firmly in the tactile camp when it comes to keyboards. I’m typing on a laptop–and I swear they’re all I get to use lately–but I prefer the old IBM Model M’s (clacky clacky). Usually that is a huge factor in why I would side with some less-than-attractive HTC offering over something like an iPhone or an LG Prada. If this became a reality, I would switch. I can already tell my mind is getting ready to justify why I need one and how it would not be silly to carry this phone in addition to my work issued crackberry. If this had internet and push e-mail, I’d just ditch the crackberry all together–a man can dream.

• Zare says:

Does anyone knows when would this beauty come to real life? I would like to buy this.

• bobo says:

when i can buy it

• martin says:

Wait for the 2 min charge time… my question. How? Are you using capacitors running through a silicon circuit board to slowly drain it out to the battery for the phone to use? Or is this just a pipe dream and you really have no clue what your talking about. Also a 3 mp camera? Is that the best you can do? I have cell phones with a 5 mp camera with optical zoom. What is this crap? Also do you have micro or mini SD in it? What about Bluetooth? Hmmm? Think of it as constructive criticism. It’s a great idea but don’t stop and say its good enough. Why Mac is as good as it is, is because they say good enough is never good enough. Mac is great, But so are the other crappy brands because they keep the Mac prices lower. a more realistic idea is use wireless power. (http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/24/wipower-touts-breakthrough-in-wireless-power/) that way no cables. 🙂 Also I would hope you have that as a video camera too. And with high speed cell networks every where why not a small camera facing you as a web cam for mobile web conferencing. (Now when you call in to work saying your sick you have to look sick too. sorry)
    -martin
    may be there will the a second gen of this concept now?

• Alex says:

Hey who can tell me how can i buy this magic phone?

• Ana Rita says:

Incrível!!! O celular dos meus sonhos. Perfeito em desing e praticidade. Quando poderei ter um desses aí ????

• fabio kufa says:

Send for me, test in order to detect, possivels defects and improvements …. rs

• Eduardo says:

Este telefone veio para revolucionar o munda da tecnologia, fiquei impressionado com o desing deste aparelho, PARABÉNS aos criadores… quando estará disponível para venda?

• Rogério says:

Quero um desses!!!!!
    Qual o preo?
    Quando vai ser vendido?

• CLEUBER says:

Good, it makes us remenber when we were child and dream about the future geaneration, something like dreaming about live flying saucers in the sky, robots, marcians and floating cars….. Fantastic!!!!! : )

• jose claudio says:

Quanto vai custar essa gracinha?

• lana carli says:

O designe desse cel esta maravilhoso! Quanto vai custar essa preciosidade?

• Rogério says:

Quero um desses!!!!!
    Qual o preço?
    Quando vai ser vendido?

• carlos eduardo rocha says:

Vou jogar o meu celular no lixo……….. quero esse já..

• Leticia Taylor says:

I want this now!!!!

• kels says:

i doubt this is real cuz they dont tell the price or where to buy it

• 소나무 says:

획기적인 기본료 월4,500원 최저요금제!!

치솟아만가는 물가, 힘든경제난속에서 휴대폰요금때문에 속썩으신 기억없으신가요?

거품투성이인 휴대폰요금제 불만많으셨죠?

저희 선불폰전문 암바(Amba.co.kr)로 오시면 휴대폰요금 걱정끝입니다.

어떻게 한달기본료가 5천원도 안돼나? 내가써왔던 휴대폰기본료는 2만원정도 하던데.. 혹시 사기이거나 통화품질이 떨어지지않을까..?

이런걱정은 하지마십시요.

LG텔레콤의 회선을 사용하는 서비스이기때문에 믿을 수 있습니다. 기존에 사용하시던 휴대폰 통화품질과 동일합니다.

기존에 사용하시던 타사 요금제는 고객입장에서 생각하지않은 회사위주의 요금제입니다.

매월 필요하지도않고 사용하지도않을 무선인터넷, 부가서비스, 컨텐츠 명목으로 고객님들의 주머니가 새나가고있습니다.

저희는 고객님들께 알뜰한 휴대폰사용을 제공해 드리고자 불필요한

무선인터넷 등을 없애고, 실질적인 서비스만을 제공함으로써 기본료의 거품을 확~ 빼버렸습니다.

획기적인 기본료 월4,500원 최저요금제!!

Amba.co.kr

▣ 이런분들께 추천합니다.

▣ 휴대폰 요금을 줄이고자 하는 모든사용자

▣ 신용불량자, 통신요금 연체자도 가입이 가능합니다.

▣ 외국인, 관광객, 바이어 등 단기간 사용자에게 적합합니다.

▣ 미성년자의 휴대폰요금이 걱정되는 부모님의 자녀에게 적합합니다.

▣ 업무상 수신위주로 이용하는 휴대폰 사용자에게 적합합니다.

고객을 위한 합리적인 요금제 암바
    Amba.co.kr

글을올려 죄송합니다.
    필요치 않으시면 삭제부탁드립니다.. 비번 (3312)

• 소나무 says:

획기적인 기본료 월4,500원 최저요금제!!

치솟아만가는 물가, 힘든경제난속에서 휴대폰요금때문에 속썩으신 기억없으신가요?

거품투성이인 휴대폰요금제 불만많으셨죠?

저희 선불폰전문 암바(Amba.co.kr)로 오시면 휴대폰요금 걱정끝입니다.

어떻게 한달기본료가 5천원도 안돼나? 내가써왔던 휴대폰기본료는 2만원정도 하던데.. 혹시 사기이거나 통화품질이 떨어지지않을까..?

이런걱정은 하지마십시요.

LG텔레콤의 회선을 사용하는 서비스이기때문에 믿을 수 있습니다. 기존에 사용하시던 휴대폰 통화품질과 동일합니다.

기존에 사용하시던 타사 요금제는 고객입장에서 생각하지않은 회사위주의 요금제입니다.

매월 필요하지도않고 사용하지도않을 무선인터넷, 부가서비스, 컨텐츠 명목으로 고객님들의 주머니가 새나가고있습니다.

저희는 고객님들께 알뜰한 휴대폰사용을 제공해 드리고자 불필요한

무선인터넷 등을 없애고, 실질적인 서비스만을 제공함으로써 기본료의 거품을 확~ 빼버렸습니다.

획기적인 기본료 월4,500원 최저요금제!!

Amba.co.kr

▣ 이런분들께 추천합니다.

▣ 휴대폰 요금을 줄이고자 하는 모든사용자

▣ 신용불량자, 통신요금 연체자도 가입이 가능합니다.

▣ 외국인, 관광객, 바이어 등 단기간 사용자에게 적합합니다.

▣ 미성년자의 휴대폰요금이 걱정되는 부모님의 자녀에게 적합합니다.

▣ 업무상 수신위주로 이용하는 휴대폰 사용자에게 적합합니다.

고객을 위한 합리적인 요금제 암바
    Amba.co.kr

글을올려 죄송합니다.
    필요치 않으시면 삭제부탁드립니다.. 비번 (3312)

• GDJared says:

Спасибо!

• hassan says:

I want this now!!!!I want one too. That is an amazing cell phone. Hope it get actually built, because I would buy one immediately.

• parinaz says:

$ chand mibashad

• Broly says:

Genial este trabajo, estoy muy de acuerdo que tal vez antes de encontrar el ¿cómo va a funcionar? tenemos muy en cuenta el como nos gustaría que se viera… me encanto este Diseño, anció que llegue el dia en el que sea toda una realidad… felicitaciones..

• BEN says:

hi…

i wante to send me model name and namethis cell phon… .

thx

• steve says:

It seems to me that most people posting here these days are completely clueless as to what a “concept” is. A “concept” means just that, it’s not a product, it’s not even a prototype… in other words, I can do a “concept” drawing of a phone that I say charges in 10 seconds, projects theater-quality images on the wall, a turns into an airplane when I need one. It doesn’t necessarily mean I can actually make a product that DOES that.

• sandra742 says:

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. 🙂 Cheers! Sandra. R.

• رامین says:

سلام
    چه گوشی جالبی
    ایا تو ایران هم نمایندگی
    داره؟
    ramin from IRAN

• رامین says:

سلام
    چه گوشی جالبی
    ایا تو ایران هم نمایندگی
    داره؟
    ramin from IRAN

• lerm says:

It looks like iPhone of the future 🙂

• adam kus says:

ill but it how much is it

• adam kus says:

ill but it how much is it

• Z.K says:

When is it gonna come to market? i did buy it. and is its only picture, video, text msg and call? any other things in it? like online stuff?

• ole says:

how to buy it!!! http://www.ccchinachic.com u can find phonecase to buy!!!

• Steven says:

I’m throwing my money at the screen and nothing is happening.

• Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this article. It was helpful.
    Keep on posting!

• It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our discussion made at this place.