In Case Of Emergency… Smash The Glass

Based on the principles of a slingshot, the Escape Shot is a handy tool that helps you break the glass of the bus’s window, when trapped in an accident. The tool is simple to operate and doesn’t require much force to shatter the glass. Fashioned in such a way that both women and children can use it easily, this tool is a must-have for all buses.

Designer: Jihyun Seo

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

• Obama says:

this is so cool to kill someone, nice job

• velaj says:

actually the tempered glass won’t create much fragment(i’ve broken 4 windows made of tempered glass during a term).and when there is water on the glass, this device won’t work……

• Seth Joseph Weine says:

Great! Now every passenger will have quick and convenient access to a weapon.

• stephen russell says:

& make for RVs aside city buses too.
      System wont work unless bus on side for use or other IE sensor sense doors wont open for egress.
      Love it.

• eXAKR says:

This is a sound concept on paper, but in reality in a real emergency most people won’t have time or the mind to think about setting this up. Their first thought would be to get out of the bus as soon as possible, and they will just try to break the windows with whatever they could find.

Some of our public citybuses here in Singapore don’t seem to have enough hammers per bus (I have seen as few as two), and they may not be easily reachable as well, so integrating the hammer into the seat design is a good idea though.

• I think that this is a cool idea but not sure about integrating them into the handles. If they can come off easily is that not a problem? And if the don’t come off easily- is it not also a problem in an emergency..?

• Tom says:

Interesting concept but it takes a lot for granted.
      One: The steel point that breaks the glass has to be situated below the suction cups in order for it to work. Therefore, the user cannot simply push the mechanism against the window and have the suction cups work, the steel point would be in the way. The user must manually stick the suction cups to the window while the handle is pulled back, too much to think about in an emergency.

Two: Those windows better be really clean and free from dust for those suction cups to work flawlessly. My experience is to clean the glass first and maybe even wet it a little bit with some spit or something, then you might get a good suction. If one of those suction cups comes loose, the whole thing is useless. Too much to think about and do in an emergency.
      I have a good idea….Just supply a good pointed hammer in place of this very questionable device. You will be amazed at how strong women and children are when they are faced with a deathly emergency.

• I says:

“lift and push out in case of emergency” windows are too complicated apparently. so let’s crawl through what is —in the best case scenario— broken glass, rather than an open window!

• Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my ilhone during lunch
      break. I really like the knowledgge you present here and
      can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your
      blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
      Anyhow, very good blog!