The flip-top soda can has remained unchanged for decades, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t improvements to be made! The iCan explores new solutions for spilling prevention, keeping carbonation fresh and eliminating harmful bacteria with an aluminum twist top that uses a similar amount of material as the classic tab. Gotta see the vid to see how it works!

Designer: Rocky Bettis & Brian Bettis

• Keith says:

One big issue is being able to see if a can is open, immediately. With this, you can’t tell if it’s been popped already. For product safety, there should be some way to see if the seal has been broken on the can.

I do like that it’s resealable, though.

• Steve says:

I like the idea a lot. Yeah some sort of removable seal might be needed. This would even make me want to KEEP my cans, to reuse as containers for drinks, or hell, even for local drink manufacturers to reuse.

• Rocky Bettis says:

Hi Keith! I truly appreciate your comment and we have a couple of different ways that we have workshopped. The most prevalent example is if you can picture a Pickle Jar, when the Air Tight Seal is Initially Opened, it pops, now the Inner Tab of Aluminum, Inside the mouthpiece will have the same effect when it is “Cracked”. You will absolutely know if it has been opened. Another method is flexographic printing, but that is hush hush proprietary. :)Thank you so much and please spread the word. Please feel free to contact me anytime!

• Mary, California says:

Hi Brian,

I am glad to see that you are using my twist and turn reseal idea for the Ican! Mary

• Chris says:

That “i” letter, in the name… There are all the Apple products named “iProduct”. Is it really inspired to come up with another “i”? I have seen many non-apple products/projects called in the same manner. It is just boring and uninspired.

• Azeez says:

Hello Rocky,

How can I contact with you?

• Renos says:

I’m involved in the wine industry in Australia. Would like to see a sample and would like to trial a beverage in the can. Please contact me.

• Heather says:

Hi Rocky and Brian,
    I am hoping to contact you. I am a branch manager at a small bank in Upstate New York and I have a customer who has provided me with ICAN Creations Inc. corporate documents. I want to verify if he is in fact a partner in your business. I hope to speak to you as soon as possible.
    Thank you.