The Paperclip Angle

I am one of those who have suffered many a chipped nails and nail polish thanks to the existing design of the paperclip. Men, you can mock as much as you want, but I am sure the women-force will want you to embrace the 45-degree angle-induced paperclip redesign called the ‘Clip-Up’. Simple solution to a very common problem!

Designer: Juhyun Lee

• ♪ Kompani ♪ says:

Difficult to put one bundle of clipped papers on top of another otherwise very nice.

• Pete says:

Designer knows that this kind of paperclip already exists ? 😀

• It’s very nice, but as perfection is not a human attribute, Kompani has pointed out a drawback in this clip, in the above comments. It will be really difficult to place one clipped document on other clipped documents, or if somehow become possible, then it will take a lot of space.

• This will be more expensive to manufacture
      The arm that grips is more likely to deform
      The clip is less likely to grip and will more easily spring off when flicking through pages because of the shortness of the gripping arm and its lack of flexibility.
      The upstanding to make it easier to put on to papers makes it easier to push off papers when they are being shuffled.
      The additional grip area means papers won’t fit in many standard filing boxes.
      The design will fail on many levels. If the designer made a prototype before jumping straight into a pretty rendering, a lot of these problems would be identified and hopefully resolved before getting to this stage.

• martin says:

Wow. This really is a good idea.
      This is really clever concept.:)

• Jonathan says:

Very nice !!!

• Aakash says:

I will call the existing clip design as very women friendly.
      There is nothing wrong with the decades old design, though it definitely has a good scope of improvisation.
      The existing paper clip is designed keeping in mind that all age group and genders should be able to use it without applying extra amount of force and chipping nails. This is the very reason why an extension exists on a paper clip.

Plus, it is very easy to manufacture and there is no need to dispose it ever. It also saves you if hand-cuffed or in lock-picking :)

• Gin says:

Are you kidding me?? How is this original? This has been around for ages.

• I drop a comment each time I appreciate
      a post on a site or I have something to valuable to contribute
      to the conversation. It’s caused bby the sincerness communicated in the pst I browsed.
      And oon this post CLIP-UP – Paperclip Redesign by Juhyun Lee Yanko Design. I was moved enough to
      write a thought 😉 I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s okay.
      Is it simply me or does it look like like a
      few of these comments appear as if they are left
      by brain dead people? 😛 And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I would like to follow everything fresh
      you have to post. Would you list the complete urls of all
      your communal sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page
      or twitter feed?