TUDOR imbibes the qualities of precision, dependability and finesses that have transcended it into becoming a watch collection that is a bespoke brand and legendary with folks with an adventurous streak! TUDOR watches have been a part of the Polar exploration team, US Navy’s Submarine expeditions and a constant companion for divers. In 2010 TUDOR launched the Heritage Collection, which includes watches originally designed for such expeditions. The collection now includes the Heritage Chrono, the Heritage Advisor and the Heritage Black Bay.
While the Heritage Chrono is inspired by the Oysterdate Chronograph of the 70s, it’s the Heritage Advisor that celebrates iconic models from the past. At the crossroads of style and technology, the Heritage Advisor is a modern version of the emblematic 1957 alarm watch and a true expression of TUDOR’s vintage spirit.
Moving to present times, the 2012 Heritage Black Bay is inspired by a diving model that first appeared in 1954 and continually evolved until the 1980s. The watch is a fusion of technology and innovation offering impeccable reliability. Stimulated by the domed dial and vintage details of the Pelagos model, Heritage Black Bay features slender, elongated lugs, reworked and resized to produce a contemporary steel case with a diameter of 41 mm, waterproof to 200 meters (660 feet) and enhanced by a domed crystal. It features a domed crystal “chocolate dial” with gilt lettering and a gold dial. Enrapturing us with its elegance, the watch is available as an Oyster steel bracelet or a vegetable-tanned leather strap that has been aged rather nicely. Apparently Black Bay will also come with one of their now trademark cotton ribbon style straps!
Heritage Black Bay Features
- The black dial, which is also elegantly domed, displays generous luminescent hour markers for perfect visibility.
- Like that of the hour markers, the pink gold of the hands represents a gentle hint of nostalgia, suggesting the characteristic patina of older timepieces.
- The burgundy color of the unidirectional rotatable bezel, an original feature exclusive to TUDOR – faithful to the original 1970s models – is given a matt finish here, to beautiful effect.
- As attention to detail is always important to TUDOR, a similar touch of burgundy red appears on the insert of the winding crown, which is engraved with the TUDOR rose.
- Equipped with the new folding clasp developed by TUDOR, the Heritage Black Bay model is delivered with a black fabric strap and a steel bracelet, or with a black fabric strap and a second strap in exclusive aged leather: another original touch for an elegant, contemporary watch.