Fridge of Bent Sittings

Prepare yourself for the strangest concept in refrigeration that yours truly has ever lain eyes on. This is “Membrane,” a concept for a refrigerator that uses nine flexible cooling walls to both hold and keep cool the items you need kept cool and held up. Cooling takes place only in the ares that are bent, that being only the places where items are placed. The exact physics we’re not entirely sure of, but the brightness of the project and the absolute uniqueness of the design are very easy to see.

Designer: Vytis Vasiliūnas

Shares 813

• 7hang says:

Interesting idea,yet concept needs to be finished.

• 7hang says:

Interesting idea,yet concept needs to be finished.

• rodrigo says:

so where do I put the milk?

• rodrigo says:

so where do I put the milk?

• safiyyah says:

It's not really practical for being used as the main refrigerator of a household, but I could see it being used behind a home bar. The design is really interesting so far.

• safiyyah says:

• 很有趣的冰箱

• 很有趣的冰箱

• 很有趣的冰箱

• esnc says:

Oww I think you’re the first lithuanian on YD. I cannot say anything bad about this thing,everything is marvellous. I’m prouded of you and now i know that lithuanians can
    create good dsgn.good luck:)

• CSquared says:

If the cooling walls are flexible, and like in the concept images are able to retain the shape they are bent into, then when not in use, they would have to be bent back into their original shape. However, from my experience, bending a flexible object back into its orignal shape is quite difficult, so turning off the cooling for any wall would be a challenge.

• CSquared says:

• chikusashi says:

All this nonsense! If you allude to women – you do not stand like a man! I would tell you to fasten the responsibility for such insults!

• chikusashi says:

• refreshho says:

um, what?
    keep sketching…

• refreshho says:

um, what?
    keep sketching…

• boom says:

is it possible??

• boom says:

is it possible??

• Arthur says:

At the end of the vid it says that it's a work of a student in his final year of study. I study in the third year and me and my colleagues from second say "nonsense" more or less. It could be more detailed even if it is a concept. Yes, you can flex the fridge but how much is that practical? Where do I put a bottle of my favorite wine or, lets say a cake? I say it need more tinkering, so far I see a 3D composition.

• Arthur says:

At the end of the vid it says that it's a work of a student in his final year of study. I study in the third year and me and my colleagues from second say “nonsense” more or less. It could be more detailed even if it is a concept. Yes, you can flex the fridge but how much is that practical? Where do I put a bottle of my favorite wine or, lets say a cake? I say it need more tinkering, so far I see a 3D composition.

• Felix says: