Pretty Little Battery Bike of Wood

Check the heck out this little bike that runs on batteries. Not only is it aesthetically MORE than pleasing, it’s made out of a bunch of wood (and a bit of metal and plastic of course) and runs on tiny batteries you can carry around with you in your pocket! This is the Biona and it’s designed by Jordi Poblet Pedrol, a fellow who wants to replace gasoline entirely in our urban vehicles. This project attempts to give the world a brand new perception of what an electric motorcycle is.

This design uses traditional yet greener versions of parts used on classic motorcycles, “never forgetting new technologies and new tendencies.” Look like something you’d ride to futball practice? Pedrol leaves us with this thought:

Do we really need those big plastic parts? Do we really need so much weight? Do we really need the same design for motorcycles?

The “biona” project tries to answer these questions, building only another perspective of what a motorbike should look like.

Designer: Jordi Poblet Pedrol

• Awww so Sweet Bike for ma Sweet and Cute Upcoming Baby 😛

• Awww so Sweet Bike for ma Sweet and Cute Upcoming Baby 😛

• The saddle could harm your buttocks though…

• The saddle could harm your buttocks though…

• Enhorabona, molt maca :)

• Enhorabona, molt maca :)

• Yuri says:

Great *yawn* another hubless design…
    What, no force fields? Oh sorry, I forgot it's green.

• Yuri says:

Great *yawn* another hubless design…
    What, no force fields? Oh sorry, I forgot it's green.

• @edouardu says:

wood is actually less sustainable than plastic due to the amount of processing it takes to make the wood strong enough and durable enough to be used in such an application. The time taken for processing would also constitute a great deal of time, whereas with plastic, simple injection moulding has a much greater yield.

Besides aesthetics there really is a lot wrong with this designer's thinking.

• @edouardu says:

Besides aesthetics there really is a lot wrong with this designer's thinking.

• Christian says:

I love the aesthetic of most of the motorcycle designs that get posted here, but as someone who rides I often wonder if half of these designers have ever been within visual distance of an actual motorcycle. I'd be willing to accept CVT technology as reason I don't see a gear shifter, but I don't see brakes, shocks, a viable drive train, safety features such as mirrors or turn signals and my personal pet peeve- no kick stand. I haven't just dropped a pedal bike on the ground in decades, I'm surely not going to do that to an expensive piece of machinery.
    I don't like to be negative without a solution so- please have this "designer" take some mechanical engineering courses because until that happens this is not a design it is a cartoon.

• Christian says:

I don't like to be negative without a solution so- please have this “designer” take some mechanical engineering courses because until that happens this is not a design it is a cartoon.

• jonstovall says:

pretty fun, but i agree with all of the engineering considerations stated above. as well, the tree (steering) would never clear the wood “fairing” that houses the headlight. nice first blush though.

• South_44 says:

Not a bad first attempt. This is a noble concept, however the design is flawed in most ways. there is almost no consideration to suspension, the safety features are wholly unrealistic. the idea of portable batteries are a nice concept, but in practice i forsee nothing but problems.
    The bike asthetically is only pleasing if you sit in those egg shaped chairs whilst you eat your evening meals. There is almost no consideration to comfort and the powerplant looks doubtful to say the least.
    When I heard the concept I was impressed however the design was a rather large dissapointment.

• park bom says:

nice motorcycle design, must be free polution..

• park bom says:

this is a green motorcycle!

• minzy says:

is this bike is comfortable? i mean, its look uncomfortable seat..

• WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for
    save money

• Neil says:

Hi I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you
    by mistake, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say
    thanks a lot for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through
    it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up
    the awesome job.

• Hi there friends, how is everything, and what you want
    to say regarding this piece of writing, in my view its genuinely amazing in favor of me.

• Terrific post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little
    bit more. Bless you!