Red Lights in Hong Kong

One of the designers of Living Pixels, (one of the largest amounts of fun I’ve had writing about a lamp,) has designed another miraculous light holder with the name “A+ Lamp” on it. This lamp can hang every which way – up, down, left, right, and is inspired by the wet market in Hong Kong, a place where no matter which shop, stand, or place of business you come upon, there’s bound to be some red lampshades. Why? Red light makes food look tasty!

So wait, you must be saying, why make this homage to the red lampshade… you know… green? Well, because designer Chen Siu Wa Match did not want to keep that piece of the puzzle, he wanted the red lampshade’s omnipotence! This A+ Lamp is everywhere at once in the same way that the red light encompasses the Hong Kong wet market!

The “A+” part of the name of this lamp identifies this product as part of Chen’s project, (also called “A+”), a project that is attempting to widen the bounds and update the products of plastic brand Star Red aka Red A! This brand Red A has been producing more than 600 products for consumers since 1949 without, Chen says, much innovation, and he believes it is time for an update! Thusly, the A+ Lamp uses a classic Red A lamp design and expands upon it, adding a multi-function handle so that the lamp can be a floor light, table light, ceiling light or wall light, and also can be used indoors or outdoors, no problem!

Designer: Chen Siu Wa Match aka Shai Chai

• @uopjo6 says:

more like +-0

• Match Chen says:

The side view is quite similar. But for this case,I jusr refered to the original red lamp shade in hong kong, and make the curves more smooth and sexy. By the way i also I tried to enlarge the size to fitting the energy saving bulb nowadays~ : )

• @uopjo6 says:

more like +-0

• Match Chen says:

• Match Chen says:

The side view is quite similar to the +-0 LCD TV, but I mainly created the form by refining the original red lamp shade in hong kong.I just tried to made the curve more smooth and sexy .

I think it is the time to refine the original lampshade,as least the size should be enlarge a bit for fitting the energy saving bulb(need cover the light source), otherview, people is so hard to walk around in the wet which have a huge amount of big energy saving bulbs without any filtering. :)

• Match Chen says:

• Sometimes the simplest solutions yield the best results. This concept is sure to be a hit in any exhibit space, I would love to see a series of task interaction & location niche based concepts

• fxgeorges says:

had the same problem with mine, was modded so out of warranty but i fixed it myself google xclamp method and there should be instructions on how to fix it yourself or if you are not confident in fixing it urself just take it to one of the shops in wanchai.

• fxgeorges says:

• vincent says:

reli nice !

• vincent says:

reli nice !

• wt says:

where can I buy yankodesign in Hong Kong?