Measure Four Times

Welcome to simplicity in measurement. This right here is the “Tutti,” a measuring spoon that has not one, not two, not three, but four measuring spoons on it. The most advanced simplicity in measuring spoons I’ve seen in the past is the set of spoons on a ring. This is better than that. It’s 4 bits of ability in one piece of metal. That’s rockin. Also it looks slick.

I wanna ask you – do you love the simplification of our industrial design world? Or are you into change for other reasons, such as style, fashion, cultural reasons? I’d love to see a cross stamped into these.

If you’re a designer yourself – have you designed something simpler than this? If you’re a human being living in a home with a kitchen area – what’s the simplest measuring spoon you’ve seen?

Designer: Jessie C. Chou

tutti01

tutti02

tutti03

• tudza says:

Simplest measuring spoon? One spoon and lots of experience.

• peosh says:

I have a Wellspring Service measuring spoon right next to me that is exactly the same as this one, except that it is plastic and a couple of decades old.

• Dyyami says:

That this one has 4 sizes instead of 2,,

seems like a worthless concept though.

And the first image looks very weird with the shadow beneath it!

• Steve says:

The measuring spoons given in the link by mchriso do have four sizes. The spoons are soft rubber that you can push through from one side to the other. So on one side you have a tablespoon and a teaspoon, then if you push them through to the other side you have a half table spoon and half teaspoon. I saw them in a Christmas Tree Shop over the weekend, so much for revolutionary design.

• Daniel says:

wow how many of you guys actually cook?
    I am a chef in NYC and I think this would come in very handy. Great job, I look forward to seeing it in production.

• Charles says:

neat stuff, keep up the good work

• Chelle says:

Love it!

• sjwoodin says:

Excellent idea. How long is it from end to end?

• Samantha says:

I had a plastic version of this design that was given out a conference as a promotional thing. In fact, they’re still sold by companies that provide promotional things. So, the design is not new, but I haven’t been able to find a spoon like it for sale commercially. I loved the one I had, but it got melted in the dishwasher. The Trudeau model mentioned here is similar but not the same and is prone to fall apart, according to comments from buyers.