Three Ear Components

One, two, three, and you’ve got an elegant solution to hearing loss. Very pretty in each! First you’ve got the hearing devices themselves, one in each ear, two, you’ve got two rings, one ring on each finger for manual volume adjustment control, three, the charging and display case. All of them together create “El,” also known as “El-Egance.” Now you will be excellent, and if I might say so myself, I’m quite surprised this doesn’t also have an mp3 component. Maybe version 2.0!

Ryan Kirkpatrick’s more concerned about those who have a hearing loss, moreso than those who wish to blow their ears out with music. So!

We’ve got the design of these lovely things: it’s a move away from the desire to hide the hearing aid. Kirkpatrick notes that hiding the earpiece often comes at the expense of the technological componentry (like maybe it’s not so good.) Instead the “El” is large enough to contain state-of-the-art technology.

In functionality and form, you’ll notice of course those rings just as much as the earpieces here. Look at them! They’re gorgeous! This first version is cast of Argentium Silver, but of course in the future gold, platinum, and set-in stones like diamonds and such are possible.

The earpiece features 20 millimeters of space between the microphone and the reciever to reduce acoustic feedback and “the microphone is positioned in such a way as to utilise the natural function of the pinna and achieve best directional sound.”

And the recharger? Man. That allows these devices to operate without having to replace the batteries.

Designer: Ryan Kirkpatrick

El-Egance by Ryan Kirkpatrick

elegance02

elegance03

elegance04

• ice says:

where can i get this ???

• @Baltalt says:

where can i order it?please answer, thank you

• @Baltalt says:

where can i order it?please answer, thank you

• Ryan Kirkpatrick says:

I'm sorry ice and Baltalt, I don't have a complete working prototype, only an exhibition model. I have spoken to some potential manufacturers but it's hard to create interest when they already have substantial market share with their own designs. Maybe one day…

• Ryan Kirkpatrick says:

• myron says:

Were did you move to how can I find you ? If you can call me at 5034497988 I’m the tow truck driver that came in all the time

• baltalt says:

there would be a market im sure. ''they already have substantial market share with their own designs''- what are they designs?

• Lisa says:

What design are you talking about? I was a young girl hating to wear the damn things cuz I didn't want to look like an ol grandma – now THIS I would have worn – still would. I'll be your test puppy if you like :o)

• Anton says:

Hi, Ryan! Can you sell me this prototype? How much does it cost?

• Andrea Czervan says:

Dear Ryan! still no distributor for it? Thank you! Andrea

• Ryan Kirkpatrick says:

Hi everyone, I apologise for the late reply.
    Myron – I’m from Australia and am not sure if we have met.
    Lisa and Baltalt – The designs that I am referring to are the BTE, ITE and CIC etc; devices that most users already know about. The nicest looking design that I have seen was the “Be” device by ReSound. However I’m not sure if it is still available (I can’t find it on their website) and it didn’t address the social and functional problems that I am hoping to address with my design.
    I believe that there is a market for my design, however I can’t force interest from manufacturers such as Oticon and Phonak. They seem happy with their existing products and would rather just improve the technologies within them than introduce a new product to the market.
    Anton – I’m sorry, I can’t sell you the proto-type.
    Andrea – Not yet Andrea. I’m planning to push further for production this year.
    Thanks everyone for your feedback and interest. It’s really appreciated.

• ChristelsOmers says:

Dear Ryan

No production yet? I’am in my forties and I should start wearing an hearing aid, if I could I would really appriciate waring yours, please keep me posted !

kindest regards,

Christel

• Artgirl says:

This is a beautiful object – could they be made as bespoke for people, just to get you going? I’m in the UK, near London and have just found that I need a hearing aid. I decided that I want to be upfront with it (the doctor told me to grow my hair so that it would hide the hearing aid!). So I’m looking for beautiful designed objects which would become a coveted style object (like glasses did)……..would it help if you got some feedback, like all these comments, and took them with you to the production companies?
    Good luck and let me know what happens!

• Tomi says:

Hi, do you start the production yet :-).

Kind regards

• Olga says:

They are really great I am haveing from 3 months hearing trouble and I know for me such hearing aid will be excellent!!! Awaiting producer who will change the word!!! by doing jewellery of Hearing aid the model is already did!!! Graet work I hope you will find producer!!! Let me know about this

• Olga says:

Hi Iam from Poland. They are really great I am having from 3 months hearing trouble and I know for me such hearing aid will be excellent!!! Awaiting producer who will change the word!!! by doing jewellery of Hearing aid the model is already did!!! Graet work I hope you will find producer!!! Let me know about this

• Suki says: