Dumpling Inspired Backpack

Here’s a slightly different take on the backpack. The Dumpling, inspired by the delicious pouch foods, is a backpack that treats your belongings as color coded and compartmentalized items. The backpack is actually made up of a series of roll-up bags. Take only what you need and roll them up into the main support guard which is quite simple in design – a couple straps and a big hook. It looks crafty but something about it is very attractive.

Designer: Shin Ji-Young

Dumpling - The Backpack by Shin Ji-Young

dumplingbag2

dumplingbag3

• Rachel says:

Seems cool- but maybe a bit difficult to get to certain layers.

• trybudi says:

interesting… not sure how practical it is tho..

• mavalema says:

i would buy this!!! i’m a lover of big put everything in it bags!! and organized!! my kind of deal!

• Robert says:

interesting…….ill take one just for the sake of it XD

• Alex says:

I think it’s very convenient to use for picnic. I like it realy

• Nicolas says:

yeah, the biggest problem i seeing is getting something out without opening the hole pack. Like trying to get my wallet to pay for something when i’m in the store.
    this could be simply solved with access points from the side too, or smaller pockets for things that are frequently used.
    i really like the idea and would buy if it was available!

• scott r says:

i like the way it has the layers and that can be changed depending on the need. if its a picnic then it would work well but then there might be am insert for students or work at an office desk….work with hand tools for tech’s or a carpenter. lots of potential. we we like it.

• Aini Jalil says:

yes, i love the idea of layes but i finds difficulty also on how easy when i want to open this bag. seems it need to open on the plane surface. but i still love it. must be great if i had one!:)

• Andres V says:

I love the concept behind this bag!!!
    Does anyone knows where can I purchase this cool bag? I have searched everywhere for it without success.
    If someone knows where can you please let me know?

• Sacratoy says:

Seems like a lot of excess material.

• Sacratoy says:

Seems like a lot of excess material.

• stevegavel says:

this has potential to be used as a I'd guess a "mobile hospital".
    If you got enough people to volunteer, and be distributed amongst say a third world country, they could go to many different tribes, villages, and people. They could have all of the essentials in this bag.

But you have to account for weight and what not…

It'd also be a cheap way to travel, one carry on with months of clothes in it. Just bring another bag to carry essentials in and leave this bag where you're staying the night.

• stevegavel says:

this has potential to be used as a I'd guess a “mobile hospital”.

But you have to account for weight and what not…

• tom says:

perfect for art supplies! i need one

• tom says:

perfect for art supplies! i need one

• colleen says:

I think it would stick out a lot though once you put items in the pouches…

• colleen says:

I think it would stick out a lot though once you put items in the pouches…

• Pieter says:

All those layers, dividers, pockets, etc. mean you are packing lots of empty spaces and multiple layers of fabric which make up all those sections. That is a very inefficient arrangement and all that fabric add up to unnecessary weight to carry. Basically it is lots of smaller back-packs strapped together. That kind of defeats the idea of a back-pack which is to fit as much in and weigh as light as possible. This is for a trendy person roughing it in a five star hotel, not the great outdoors. Perhaps it should not be called a back-pack….

• Pieter says:

• Leo k. says:

Awesome Post! I like where your heads at!
    Please let me know on how to purchase.

• Leo k. says:

Awesome Post! I like where your heads at!
    Please let me know on how to purchase.

• Unaiz says:

Cool thanks for sharing :-)