For The Love Of Coffee

I think I’ve confessed one too many times that tho I’m a coffee addict, I just can’t spend too much time nurturing it. There are actually freaks like me who LOVE instant coffee and don’t want to do the grinding-percolating routine. Which is why I simply adore this ceramic-glass fusion called Coffee Set. It’s a cup with a slotted bottom that holds in just right amount of coffee powder and water, for you to stir the mixture with the handle. Yup no spoons required! The design gets even more interesting with the saucer, which has a missing bottom!

This empty space is for fitting in your cup snugly and keeping the brew warm for a longer time via insulation.

I know many of you may be going “tsk tsk” for the cleaning part, I mean getting the cup spanky clean thanks to the slotted bottom doesn’t sound easy. But for fancy design’s sake, I’m willing to adopt this set, plus I don’t do the dishes….so it’s really not my headache!

Designer: Yali Dai

coffee_set

coffee_set2

coffee_set3

coffee_set4

Coffee Sets by Yali Dai

• reality says:

the first image, (bottom left) is great she hold the saucer in on hand takes a sip of nice hot coffee puts the cup back on the saucer then screams and spills her drink everywhere as she has just burnt herself. nice.

• Hartigan says:

Second picture from the bottom. That is a small Doughnut!!

• you profess to love coffee, but will willingly consume instant coffee…..then you don’t love coffee but caffeine. This design is sad, how in the hell are you going to clean the crud down in the well where the powder go’s? All this extra fuss to eliminate a spoon, really now.

• Radhika Seth says:

LOL k zippy I’ll classify myself as caffeine addict then, but I get my kick from Nescafe Select only!

• cki says:

Could someone please explain the whole idea of a saucer to the design please.

• cki says:

CORRECTIONS:

Could someone please explain the reason of having a saucer to the designer please.

• karl says:

bad design, good renders, tiny doughnut

• Alienzexist says:

I thought it was bad to shake piping hot beverages.

• you should sell there on the yanko store. im sure it would be a success!

• Yuuta says:

1) That is a horrible handle. Not only is it kind of ugly, it’s not ergonomic and it’s placement on the cup ensures weight distribution issues(the glass cup + ceramic layer is bound to be weighty); not a good thing when dealing with hot liquids.

2) A hole in the saucer which is filled perfectly by the glass cup so that it touches the serving surface is useless and destructive. Hot glass should not touch table surfaces else risk damaging the finish. Eliminate the hole or increase the depth of the hole so that the glass no longer touches the table when placed on the saucer.

3) Sometimes no matter how vigorous you shake, coffee crystals just stubbornly stick to the bottom of cups(especially if it’s a smooth finish, I tried it before lol). For all that trouble just use a spoon.