Skate Hard in Destructos!

These shoes right here are called “Destructo Sports Action Shoes!” Oh my goodness. I know, and you know, that if you do a lot with your feet, your feet shells explode. And when I say feet shells I of course mean shoes. Your shoes are worthless! They come apart at the flick of a knife! But not anymore, now you’ve got these amazing piece-by-piece strong shoes, by Thomas Balaguer.

When you wear Destructo, you wear quality. Branded with the dreaded Nike scythe, these shoes are made to take some damage. Like “rubbers” of the past (your grandpa might have worn rubbers), these have replaceable covers. But where rubbers were used only for snow, Destructo shoes are used for action, sports, and action sports. Skateboarding, street hockey, biking, and yes, of course, parkour.

Interchangeability in the upper and lower parts.

Recessed shoelaces.

Foam padded collar.

Padded tongue (STI FLO2 Foam).

Tricot lining

Synthetic leather outer.

And the replaceable part, the Phylon soled, 400 NBS outsoled lower.

I’d love to get my hands on these to paint some pretty pictures. Really!

Designer: Thomas Balaguer

destructo

destructo2

destructo03

destructo3

• Abel Chang says:

is it nike? is it adidas?
    which one?

• Chris Burns says:

I assume you’re referring to the halfways-apparent three stripes being present alongside the nike swoop. I’d be willing to bet if these were actually in the future produced by Nike, they wouldn’t allow that near-Adidas design feature to pass inspection.

Well observed!

• Koneck says:

It’s a Nike, look at the logo or read “Branded with the dreaded Nike scythe,”

• Koneck says:

It’s a Nike, look at the logo or read “Branded with the dreaded –Nike– scythe….”

• Nokadota says:

That’s a wonderful concept.

Sidenote : I really wish peope would actually read posts before commenting.

• Ad says:

This is a nike sb design. Way to go Thomas!

• Scudwerth says:

Slick. Maybe throw in a hinge or flex joint in the outer shell so the toes can flex a bit [looks like you got it on the inner]. I’d buy em.

• Dwight says:

I know they would sell like crazy!
    Skateboarding shoes is still a big market and will always be one because shoes break and get torn just like the boards.

• 360 says:

Its been done before

• Andrew says:

At 360: You gotta back up statements like that with references mate.

Otherwise what an awesome concept, I would so be wearing those everyday and the most active thing I do is flick my thumbs on my game console.

• Kevin Carulo says:

awesome! the aesthetics are great and the functionality is lovely. im a first year industrial design student and my dream is to design to footwear for various sports. does anyone know which program/software was used to render this shoe? please let me know

• Thomas B says:

Thank you for all the great feed back!
    If you're interested in seeing more of my work here is a link to my website: thomasbalaguer.com
    I also recently finished a demo reel with this shoe and one other project.
    You can watch it on Vimeo. http://vimeo.com/15743340

• Thomas B says:

Thank you for all the great feed back!
    I also recently finished a demo reel with this shoe and one other project.
    You can watch it on Vimeo. http://vimeo.com/15743340

• Thomas B says:

Hi Kevin, the program I used to render this shoe is called Bunkspeed Hypershot. I currently use Keyshot whish is basically the same exact program.

• Thomas B says: