Car, I Transform Thee: Chair!

I command all bits of human-made matter to transmogrify into other bits of human made matter! First, I choose you, car, change yerself into a chair! I shall call thee, “ChAiR!” Get it? Both words. This chair right here was indeed designed with the car design process in mind. Take a peek at the different iterations and decide if you’d set these in your lobby, living room, or garage.

Designed by Benjamin Claessen using processes he gleaned studying the steps toward building a car, these chairs have a bit of the ol’ thunder under the hood.

I vote lobby of a garage that makes modifications to fabulous cars.

Xzibit where you at?

Designer: Benjamin Claessen

chaircarcarchair03

chaircarcarchair01

chaircarcarchair02

chaircarcarchair04

ChAiR by Benjamin Claessen

• SkyWay says:

Taking a wild guess here, but I’d say plastic. For the cushion, polyfoam and leather, with that mesh supporting it made from something synthetic.
      /sarcasm

Indeed, this woudl eb the perfect thign to have in a..what do they call them? Car studio? Apart from the gap it is just pretty, in my eyes at least :)

• mif991 says:

I like it, specially the white one for its sculptural form, but the seat seems kind of small and uncomfortable….

• benjamin says:

First of all thank you for your comment keep it coming

I can assure you, it sits fantastic (-:
      It looks kind of small indeed, but if you analyse the whole contact area on a chair when you sit on it, you will emediatly ask yourself the question… why is this so big? it’s more about where it is positioned

material

transparent
      -one top secret

white one
      -glass fiber with poly resin
      -DD boat lacquer

grey one
      -glass fiber poly resin
      -polyether foam
      -quality leather half perforated half not by Ohmann leather
      -color is official ferrari Daytona grey
      -the line in metal is sprayed on and polished afterwards

if you want one… Contain gallery in Cologne germany (-:

• Confucius says:

I would like to know what the typical application would be. It looks heavy and expensive!

• Stephanie says:

I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THIS FOR MYSELF! THE DESIGN IS AMAZING… I GIVE IT AN A+ FOR AESTHETICS, HOWEVER, IN TERMS OF ERGONOMICS… WE SHALL SEE! ๐Ÿ˜€ Can you send me one to test drive ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Pingback: ChAiR
  • Ron says:

Can’t get into this.
    It looks kinda weird to me.

Nice design though.