Watch Not On My Wrist

I’d much rather wear sweatbands than a watch on my wrist while playing a sport; hence this concept watch by Max Germano makes perfect sense. It fits across the back-of-the-palm and its selling points are easy access to the dial, and a clear view to the heart-rate, stats etc. The flip-side is that it could compromise the grip of the racket or whatever it is that you are holding as the straps may interfere. However, since the watchband is made from super-soft elastomer, it just may-be comfy….I’m on the fence.

Designer: Max Germano

max_watch2

max_watch

Art Center College of Design

• aziz says:

that would go in pieces if I punch someone

• b says:

How are you supposed something in your hand like a tennis racket, golf club, baseball bat, baseball, football, etc.? This is not a solution that has looked at how people participate in sports.

• tudza says:

Give you a clue, everyone carries a cell phone and one thing any cell phone these days will give you is the time.

Not only that, but the time correct to whatever the cell system is transmitting as the time, which should be close enough for anybody, and also the correct local time for all those jet setters. I get off the plane at O’Hare, turn my cell phone back on ( yeah, I wait until I’m totally off the plane to talk to people ) and bang I have Central instead of Pacific time.

• mdnomad says:

I think this is a cool idea… but yeah… this wont work for most sports. What I would use it for is for when I take my car out to the track. I can see my time much more easily than if I had my standard watch on.

• elp says:

yyaawwwnnn….

• Seamus Dubh says:

Now combine this with cell technology and you got something.
      Think how you position our hand when you talk on the phone, you’ll see what I mean

• Amar says:

Hey it really looks good…………..

• Bill says:

seriously? Has a model of this even been tested on a real hand?

• So says:

wouldn’t this watch get in the way of holding things, like a pen?

• farhood panahee says:

very goog design.good luck

• It’s too risky…If you lost it,you lost both your watch and your phone…Just wondering how you will looks if you talk on your wrist…

• colby says:

Having it in your palm really limits you in what you can do. Plus it gives u plenty of chances per day to break it.

• Syed Rahman says:

love the design, looks sleek and sexy. But if you're gearing to market this towards anything athletic and physical, the only activity I can really think of is running, which would still be great… as the comments state above, it would not be a very practical location for most other sports and activities. The palm also being a very vulnerable location.

• Syed Rahman says: