Personalized Gas Chamber

There were rumors floating once that Michael Jackson used to sleep in an oxygen chamber to de-tox himself. Alas, he is no more but the quest for pure, unpolluted air continues. Knowing his quirky personality, this CAIR Air Helmet would have been the ideal gift for him. It’s this helmet kinda device that sucks in the air from the filter at the back; purifies it and vents it directly to the face-end. A protective visor ensures that purified draft doesn’t escape without hitting you first.

My question: would you use the CAIR incognito or flaunt it? I’m sure MJ would flaunt it.

Designers: Herald Tremmel & Szilveszter Buzasi

air_helmet

air_helmet2

air_helmet3

air_helmet4

air_helmet7

CAIR Air Helmet by Herald Tremmel, Szilveszter Buzasi & Milica Balubdzic

air_helmet6

• Carl says:

haha i have not laughed this much in ages. what a lovely joke to start the day with.

• Carl says:

incorporate this idea into a bicycle helmet fo rinner urban use? would look alot less silly.

• Phil Power says:

Yeah I agree with that.

This as its’ single application – don’t think it will catch on.

Could not see anyone wearing that in public while walking to work for example.

• Jon says:

I believe thats worn between the legs and purifies purging gas and secondly acts as a protective cup.

Oh God, I bet I could have eaten like a King for a year on the Goverment Money wasted on this project…….

Ya know, I wish Palin had this durning the election… I bet she still needs it, she could be Josephine gas face 7 pack. (yes I said 7 because she’s stupid)

• Karin says:

What the hell does Sarah Palin have to do with any of this? You are a deranged moonbat.

• A full face helmet-like design will be much better, I think. I can see such a mask comes in good use during a prolonged smoke haze period or times when air pollution is really bad.

• X says:

Gentlemen, it is better to design a simple nose fitting with hepa filter that would allow you to breath a reasonably filtered air from viruses and bacteria due to the bad ventilation during several hours flight in an airplane. This could bring you some government money as a protection to airborn deseases like swine flu. I was considering to do such device for myself for my next international business trip. Imagine what kind of enourmous market you could have for such filter adapted for noses of air passengers :) At least it could be some kined of protection till the airplane producers are forced to improve the ventilation systems in their planes. By the way, I haven’t seen so far a regular air passenger to put a gas mask before flight for health resons…but I guess a lot of people are getting a swine flu just having an international flight or crossing an international airport from one terminal to other one

• cerberus says:

besides the absurdity of the devices looks… its nothing new. Similar units are extensively in use in industry already for people who work in areas of elevated airborne toxins. A prime example is people working in smelters or around
    electroplating tanks

• AlienzExist says:

I would rather breathe toxic fumes than wear this. The back pattern could be so much more elegant, but the whole configuration is terrible, try running or bending over… Everyone try this, take off your shoe and put it on your head. Comfortable? Fashionable?

• Mark says:

I can actually see this having a future, or something similar, just wait till we pollute our air so much we can hardly breathe it, then this will seem like a great idea

• Mark says:

• Hagar says:

It's not that novel, many chimney sweeps in Ireland have been using something very similar for years to protect themselves from inhaling soot.

• Hagar says:

• I could see this as a widespread product that could really benefit people with severe asthma that has allergen triggers. People with weakened lungs or breathing capacity could definitely benefit from purified air.

• Dom says:

Just look at the guy desperately trying not to burst out in laughter

• Dom says:

Just look at the guy desperately trying not to burst out in laughter

• Phil E. Drifter says:

That's why you're supposed to breathe though your nose, the cilia in your nose and nasal passages trap pollutants before they reach your lungs. (From dictionary.com: Cilia lining the human respiratory tract act to remove foreign matter from air before it reaches the lungs.)

• Phil E. Drifter says:

• Edd says:

Imagine, you're wearing that and some yob spits into the filter from behind. You get air driven spittle sprayed all over you're face.

• Edd says:

• Harbinger says:

Aside from the fact that it looks absurd, I would be afraid to wear it with long hair. The fan could very easily pull stray hairs into it and yank them right out.

Dom: I’m not sure the gizmo is actually on his head. It looks like a 3d model of it was put on his head later with a photo editing program. Although I will agree that he looks like he’s trying to suppress laughter about… something.

• Harbinger says:

• Qax says:

this is genial… actually i think all of humanity will sooner or later have some breathing aid in the future with all this polution

• Qax says:

• It's people like you, refusing to think about things in a different light, that will collectively hinder humanity. The design is only of something we have yet to see, except in scifi settings. Take this design and implement a Heads up display, information displayed within the helmet (if you don't know what that means…), and couple it with the "sixth sense" technology. If you're not sure what this technology is, I recommend checking out the TED.com video. If you can't understand him at first, don't worry. It's for the tech, not the person.

• It's people like you, refusing to think about things in a different light, that will collectively hinder humanity. The design is only of something we have yet to see, except in scifi settings. Take this design and implement a Heads up display, information displayed within the helmet (if you don't know what that means…), and couple it with the “sixth sense” technology. If you're not sure what this technology is, I recommend checking out the TED.com video. If you can't understand him at first, don't worry. It's for the tech, not the person.