3D TV Glasses, Geek is Chic

3D TV glasses make the movie or television show you’re watching look exponentially more real – with objects flying off the screen and careening in your direction, and creepy characters reaching out to grab you. Wearing 3-D glasses makes you feel like you’re a part of the action – Good times

Advances in 3D cinema and TV have advanced dramatically in recent months, but the technology is still over decade away from ditching those dodgy glasses that reduce us to looking like time lords from the 80’s. That’s a whole ten years of not looking very cool. Bad times.

Designer Chris Nobles solves this by creating something chic and retro. These wireless sunglasses have infared sensors in the logo area which communicate to the TV its location. The left and right lens are configured to give two opposing images generating the 3D effect.

Designer: HJC Design

• brack says:

You know, I never did quite get the 3D effect promised by those red and blue glasses from day gone by. The marketing must have been good. I wish you the best of luck with these, but make sure the experience is what is being promised.

• Eric says:

Ya kind of skeptical on this one still… I’m not sure how the lenses can be “configured” to give two opposing images automatically. The source you’re watching was still captured by 1 camera, so unless they are using software to convert 2D (which is for sure off by a few years for tv/live tv especially) then I’m not sure how these could work. If it alters your perspective on the tv, then they just make your living room look more 3D. Does anyone really know how these work and could explain it to me, even if this is conceptual? Ps if the infrared is for locating and not tilting then just put 1 dot in between the eyes… Most eyes are 3 inches apart- you don’t need a left and right location sensor by each eye, program that into software.

• Eric says:

Correction: I understand the two dots can be used for getting the distance from the tv, but how about when there are 4 people in the room trying to watch 1 movie and they are all sitting in different locations/distances from the tv. Does it find a median?

• i think it just tracks your head position. so u can simulate a 3d effect like jhonny lee does it with the wiimote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw). but the lenses dont show anything different.

• Neat idea. Glasses look very hipsterish…

• redhat says:

look very nice, I also have such a glass which I bought at tradestead it feels great!

• B says:

Could be working on the “Pulfrich Method”, it’s a pseudo 3D effect that darkens one eye lens at a time. It’s not bad on horizontally moving objects, but not much else.

• Raisume says:

I believe that the 3D concept is a very distinct way of showing how much more advanced we are becoming with technology, although I believe that it would be better to use the money for other things than trying to find out how to use a 3d pair of glasses, I believe that it’s still good for us to learn. My problem with the 3d glasses are that the lenses on my glasses are so thick, I’m unable to enjoy 3d movies as well as I’d like to.. but the design of these glasses make retro cool again, and I can’t wait to try them and see what kind of expeirence I will have. So thanks for technology… and thanks for your time. =)

• Anon says:

Would look like fool wearing those! The ones u get in odeon look better than that.

• The safest way to resolve your back tax matters
    is to employ a reliable tax debt expert rated A or higher by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Prepare yourself for the possibility that you may fail some of the sections before
    you can pass them, and accept that as a normal part
    of the journey of preparing for and passing the CPA. The bachelor’s
    degree in accounting includes about 36 credits of difficult accounting courses as well as another
    20 credits in business courses.

• Dark sunsation self tanning lotion has botanical extracts, which improve the quality of your skin while offering you a dark natural looking tan. Since
    10% of California’s budget goes to pay for its prison system,
    the idea is that AB 109 will free up billions in the
    state budget. Back to your skin check, the first time you do the check be sure to take
    as many pictures as possible to show what your skin looks like.

• The questions you should ask your plastic surgeon before rhinoplasty should be about the safety of the procedure, its efficiency, and most importantly, its appropriateness for your body and whether
    it would offer results in line with your expectations.
    Normally students can finish their nursing degree through
    this program within three years, in which the first year will be devoted to
    entry-level nursing course work. Unlike other muscles in your body,
    your facial exercise are connected as skin and bone, forming a cushion for the skin to relax.

• tan says:

s darkened, so be sure to be safe rather than sorry, and don. To start with, one should test
    out this product by making use of the item with a small portion of your skin and observe for reactions.
    This way you can simply wear a light robe to prevent any post tan smearing issues.

• There are some hindrances in you goal to lose unwanted body fat like oils, fats, ointments, and creams.

Let these mistakes be your motivation for enhancing your body further.
    The best time to take a pregnancy test is in the morning when your levels of HCG are at their
    highest.