Don’t Hide Behind Dorky Goggles

Vertigo Nystagmus is a woozy condition to have; however Nystagmus can be controlled when the eyes are open and fixed on some point. The Vertigo Nystagmus Glasses showcased here allow vanity even in pain! Ditching the usual dorky eyewear for these technical glasses will make you look and feel better. Made of five parts, the design includes a visor that can be manually removed. Infrared cams that track eye movement and 4 LEDs for soft illumination are all a part of this special eye gear.

Designers: Mike Neumann & Mirko Gabschuss

• Luke says:

I thought that was a real prototype for a second. Props for an excellent presentation.

One thing I don’t understand, though, is what that pendant-like thing is. Is it a power source? A computer?

• Eric says:

I thought the same thing, I wasn’t sure if they just put power there to keep the goggles light or what… It doesn’t really explain enough of what it shows. P.s. It should have removable/movable headphones ya?

• Spoon says:

Ok. I read the post twice. Looked at a couple definitions of vertigo and I am still confused as to what the glasses do. Im definately missing the ball, which is weird because I usually figure concepts out.

• Luke says:

In a nutshell, vertigo can be caused due to inner ear disease, which would be a sense of dizziness and spinning. With that, the eyes try to compensate for that perceived motion by moving about. Eyes do that normally when you’re in motion – it’s called the fixation reflex. Nystagmus could basically be described as eyes flowing away from an object of attention only to snap back to it, making it hard to focus for the sufferer, and giving the sufferer’s eyes a characteristically twitchy look.

Nystagmus can be temporarily stopped if one focuses on a specific, fixed point. Of course, once you stop that, it starts up again.

I don’t quite get exactly what this design is intended to accomplish, but if I’m not mistaken (and I well could be), it projects a fixed point in the user’s field of view to focus on, perhaps allowing them to look around normally. It’s an interesting way to manage the condition, but I’m not sure how effective it would really be.

• Spoon says:

Ahhh…. got it. Thanks for the info. I wish the write up was as clear as the renders are…and truly describe the intent and or function of the concept.I wonder how effective it would be as well…but with that aside…I am not sure about the pendant and how it functions with the glasses and also the importance of the visor. It feels (only feels) as if alot of work was put into this concept (I could be wrong) and I would like to learn more about the premise it is based on. Seems like it could be some substance beyond the incredibly real hair strands on that guys head.(hehehe). Really, Wheres the beef?

• Interesting design, weak article. Impossible to understand what’s it about.

• MadCow says:

I believe this vertigo nymphomania or whatever the hell that word is, is just car/air/sea sickness. and this concept is equivalent to just shutting your eyes.

the goggles on the other hand… eh… hit and miss… sorta looks like a futuristic version of a 90’s Ray Ban.

• Keith says:

Props on the rendering, although I am reminded of the Skit, “Rochmanonov had big hands”. It is wht immediately gave it away that it was a rendering. Excellent job with the SSS though, I could never get it to look correct.

As for the concept itself, I am lost. I have no idea how this is supposed to work. And, what is the opaque part that covers everything up good for?

• Brian says:

I don’t get the ppl happy with the renders – they look awful to me. Between the monster sized hands, the creepy looking face and the intelligible concept, this one is a big dud. Try merging real ppl with the rendering and you’ll have better success though I have to wonder if a course in writing is more what this concept is looking for.

• says says:

I have to disagree, apart from the ‘huge hands’ render. the others are great and communicate everything needed. (maybe the designers was taking evolution into account, as this is a product for the future at hand.) 😉

• Luke says:

People can have big hands. While I wouldn’t say it’s typical or even common, it’s definitely not out of the ordinary where I currently live.

• Keep yourself going strong through training sessions or on race working
    day, whether rain or shine teeth whitening with New Balance’s Lightning Dry liner.
    The search for that ideal men yoga pants is really
    in demand on this subject. &bull Jeans and shorts are
    also standard garments product for boys.

• Most support is achieved with a grid-like metal structure called a link
    spring. Also give written applications to cut down all these
    connections after date of relocation to stop further bill generation. There are
    many services of relocation provided by packing and moving companies in which workers are quite
    expert. To travel in the MD 902 there’s no easier or quicker way to travel to
    your destination and then go back home. Mastering adds significant value and
    quality control to a musical artists releases. There
    are some plans which offer quality speaking, Real DVD backup the:1
    and great video clip quality. If they do, ask to see
    identification before the plumber enters your home. These cameras are economical and easy to
    operate, but installation cost will be bit higher than the
    wireless cameras. The divorce can be a drawn out process for months to even years.

People have become accustomed to the use of electrical appliances, like the hot weather, fans, air
    conditioning, electrical equipment, I am afraid people will crazy,
    due to China’s vast population.

• There aren’t too many ocean two person sit in fishing
    kayaks out on the market. Velocity boaters like finding around at a quickly pace even though most fishermen want a boat to get to the
    fish so they usually shift at a slower pace. This comes in handy if someone should fall into the water.

• Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks|