The Genesis of Henosis

The Henosis is a concept vehicle designed to connect human to machine in a personal way. The vehicle comes with a bevy of technological doo-dads to analyze the environment, driver’s mood, expression, and biometric readings to provide the most comfortable and safe driving experience.

Using that ethos as the driving figure behind design, Alexei Mikhailov created a vehicle that pushes the limits of form and design creating a new body language. It doesn’t look like anything else on the road. The hydrogen fuel cell stacks are located in the rear with additional battery and superconductors up front. Steering takes a page out of gaming by placing almost all controls at your fingertips. All those hours fragging on Xbox live are finally going to bear fruit. The vehicle was obviously designed for the next generation of kids growing up – the ones born after the internet. This may seem like a far fetched and unlikely scenario for us now but hey, our children’s children will think of our cars the same way we think of the first horse drawn carriages.

Designer: Alexei Mikhailov

• Sylus says:

Alien geometries,out of space out of place..

• pinkbOnO says:

you didn’t mention it but the project has been created for Peugeot (PSA), a french cars manufacturers, a big one in Europe.
    You can notice it by the use of the typical Lion Logo.

• enoo says:

Was it really created for Peugeot, or did the designer just added the Peugeot lion on this?

I know Peugeot makes a design contest every year, so I suppose it’s just one of the many entrants. (If so, it’s not even a finalist from 2008).

Anyway. It looks like a frog. Especially from behin (2nd image), where there’s those 2 “legs” holding the wheels.

• To answer your question, yes i designed this for the peugeot 2008 competition, it took over a month to complete this project…unfortunately i wasn’t chosen for the top 30.

Mike: there are tire threads, i guess it’s hard to see them on these small images but they are there it not a slick tire like that of f1 car.

• zippyflounder says:

and with all that its a coupe’ not a roadster…aint reading my biometics worth a damn….

• Michael says:

I cant stand stuff like this.

Concepts like these belong on 3D forums not here, not to mention that the quality of the render is pretty sub par aswell.

• Michael says:

I mean just look at the tire tread, how is that feasible in any scenario? That thing couldn’t displace anything, you will be hydroplaning out of control through a puddle in no time.

• zippyflounder says:

Mike you know i am a stickler for what is possiable, and have been reading about a new class of materials that mimic the gekko’s foot (little lizard that can walk up vertical glass) so who knows we may have tread less tires that can climb a wall. I do like your insight though, keep up the good work.

• kheeeee says:

and mike it IS still a concept

and gekko treading would be pretty amazing

• Michael says:

I’m not familiar with gekko treading have any links where I can read up on it thats not a wiki?

While I see your point kheeeee that it is a concept, however when I see posts like these I just get the feeling that the designer hasn’t put much thought into the actual design and functionality of how real objects exist and work.

Perhaps my problem is with the post itself rather then the concept as it doesn’t give enough information to substantiate it more then a fleeting romantic vision of whats possible.

• Edgar says:

Designing a car isn’t just doing a good render; The background is ok but so many aspects are left in the way, making it only interesting in form. I’m not telling is ugly but has no proportions and look like it would have so many problems on the road… Good luck anyway

• Shiella says:

Looks sophisticated.

• keith says:

Not a fan, I think it is kind of ugly. Not a good material used for the body either. 3D Studio has a pretty good automotive paint in there as a default. That is of course assuming you used 3DS Max.

• lewis says:

The write-up is such a load of bullcrap. Given that the designer has whined about this concept not making into the top-30 of the Peugueot concept on every intern forum there is – and even here in the comments – just makes this article look like a joke.

Ugly, not feasible,bad surfacing, terrible render. Next..

• powers says:

Yo, Carl, hand me my Alias goggles…. Oh, Yeah, that’s totally hot!

• Geekie says:

I feel sick

• stephen russell says:

Unique & nice.
    Being a Boomer, horseless carriages are History before my time
    I grew up with Star Trek & Commando Cody &
    Seaquest, Time Tunnel.

• raymond says:

where the heck can i get 1

• Ryan says:

How do you get to the trunk…

• anon1337 says:

what i personally enjoyed was the following:
    "Steering takes a page out of gaming by placing almost all controls at your fingertips."
    I would like to point out that my car must be light years ahead of others on the market, because my steering controls ARE at my fingertips. Therefore, my car is cooler than your concept car.

• anon1337 says:

what i personally enjoyed was the following:
    “Steering takes a page out of gaming by placing almost all controls at your fingertips.”