STALKER – Symbiotic exploration in the year XXII

In the XXII century, the Earth has become a technogarden. Humanity is gathered in gigantic green megalopolises, in which technology is implemented everywhere for the inhabitants’ security. Great wild spaces still exist but are super-protected. In this technical and ultracivilised democracy, there is little place for adventure and change of scenery. This can only happen in highly respectful conditions.

Designer Kevin Judlin has extrapolated the present into the future and is already solving tomorrows problems. The Stalker is an airship vehicle that enables humanity to explore these superprotected realms symbiotically from a small detachable boat suspended from the main body. We assume it’s not as volatile as the Hindenburg.

Designer: Kevin Judlin

• eric says:

um, what

this might be relavent if we solve the design solutions which will allow us to even exist on this planet in the future

• bobr says:

Who says earth will exist till then?

• TH says:

Someone’s doing CAD-exercises, comes up with half a motivation for these blobs and due to slow news month it gets around. Well, nothing wrong in that, I suppose.

• Dave says:

My thoughts exactly, TH.

S-L-O-W news day. That reminds me — I need to dust off some of my 3D “practice renders” and see if I can get some free publicity. Woo-hoo! I’ll be right back.

• Sam, Wisconsin says:

Yeah, right, now I recall it. It’s in the world of Æon Flux.

• carl says:

so what am i looking at here? a usefeul piece of design innovation?? no a dreamers dream. get your punk a$s back to the valley..!

• ignorance is ignoran says:

I find it interesting that these are pictures about the future and the third and fourth look like blimps. Lately whenever i see pictures of what the utopian society of tomorrow will look like there's always blimps. Blimps is where its at. It's said that everyone gave up on blimps when the Hindenburg went up and everyone got the idea that it's to dangerous to fill a balloon with hydrogen cause it may go up in flames and crash in seconds flat. But actually it wasn't the hydrogen that cause it to burn so quick. What caused it to burn was the painted tiles that made up the hull. Blimps will come back one day.

• I prefer the aerian toboggan of Mr Franck Vial who wan in 2004 the international design price of St Etienne. Il you want to see it :

• ignorance is ignorance, not bliss says:

I find it interesting that these are pictures about the future and the third and fourth look like blimps. Lately whenever i see pictures of what the utopian society of tomorrow will look like there’s always blimps. Blimps is where its at. It’s said that everyone gave up on blimps when the Hindenburg went up and everyone got the idea that it’s to dangerous to fill a balloon with hydrogen cause it may go up in flames and crash in seconds flat. But actually it wasn’t the hydrogen that cause it to burn so quick. What caused it to burn was the painted tiles that made up the hull. Blimps will come back one day.

• oh! UFO for earth .very uncanny!

• MIKE says:

The world of tomorrow envisioned by todays Leonardos.

• MIKE says:

The world of tomorrow envisioned by todays Leonardos.