Champagne Poppin’ For Everyone

Look it’s all about me me me. I don’t want to stand in the back. I want to be center front. I want to be a star. So why is it only one person gets to experience that “oooOo” moment when opening a champagne bottle? Everyone circles around as they hear the distinctive “pop” of cork freeing itself from glass. Why can’t everyone experience this moment?

This personalized champagne bottle is specially designed to allow each person experience their own moment of “oooOo”. You get two long glass tubes, one filled with Veuve Clicquot Champagne, the other clad in perforated leather to drink from. If you’re classy or just didn’t build up enough tolerance during your college years, the set comes with a metal stopper in case you can’t finish it all. The whole thing is held together by a piece of snap-on leather. It’s like a flask for the bourgeoisie.

Designer: Baptiste Mathieu

• julia says:

where can i get one??

• Baptiste Mathieu says:

i’m sorry the concept is not available for sale for the moment, maybe in the future I hope…

• julia says:

such a shame, it is amazing

• Baptiste Mathieu says:

thank you so much !

• julia says:

i just hope my designs will be at such a level some day (;

• zippyflounder says:

wonderful if you dont know squat about champane…..

• koffie says:

Nice, but according to the ‘etiquette’ a bottle of champagne should be opened without hearing the ‘pop’.

And while it ‘looks’ very nice, I would never drink from such a bottle. The color (green) and shape of a bottle have a reason…

• Baptiste Mathieu says:

In fact, Veuve Clicquot asked to reinvent the experience of their champagne in bars and nightclubs, which is why the usual codes have been a bit transgressed

• zippyflounder says:

Interesting, what was their response? To me breaking too many of the “rules” has put clicoquot in the relm of “play” beverages such as mango flavored vodka.

• Baptiste Mathieu says:

the product is a response to the contest: “les espoirs de la création 2008″
    their response?, no response! probably their way of saying that this doesn’t interest them … a little disappointing for a luxury brand

• zippyflounder says:

Ahh I see, and I also see their point too. You might have a better shot taking the concept to distillers, size is right, presentation harkens back to the hip flask days and they have fewer structural issues….I mean you don’t even have a cage on the cork dude.

• spacerocker says:

Where’s the love? What kind of response is “I mean you don’t even have a cage on the cork dude.”? An attractive and charming concept is just that, no need to hate on it in the name of a condescending “critique”. As a reconception, it’s obviously not meant to replace the wheel, but rather just to put a new spin on it.

I’d buy it.

• HK_ID says:

Nice idea, but don’t really see the point. MAybe good for a PR article…but why not drink it straight from from the metal tube? OR even just buy the minature bottle?? IT’s too fiddly with too many parts….leather strap, cork, cap…etc…hmmm

• Brian says:

Well, I have been working in the nightclub/bar/lounge/bottle service industry for about 15 years now and that package, if produced, will be a huge seller especially in VIP bottle serve venues in towns such as NY/LA/Vegas/Philly…Bravo Veuve!