I need Help!

I hate having to go to the pharmacy and go through aisles and aisles of medical products to try and find the best one suited for my needs at that particular moment in time. With the new Help branded products designed by ChappsMalina Studio, the ability and simplicity in finding a needed product is now readily available. The products packaging, is made from a soft molded paper pulp, made from 100% recycled materials and it is compostable. The packaging is also soft on the eyes and easily identifiable for whatever health problem you may be experiencing. For example, two of the products are “help I have a headache” which contain acetaminophen tablets, and “help I’ve cut myself”, which contain two sizes of clear bandages.

Designer: ChappsMalina Studio [ Buy It Here ]

Headaches: Our tablets contain 500mg of acetaminophen. We chose acetaminophen because it’s an excellent treatment for headaches and it doesn’t cause the stomach problems that aspirin and ibuprofen can.

Cuts: Don’t be startled. These bandages don’t look normal. That’s because they are made of a futuristic material called hydrocolloid. It’s the same material they use in hospitals to help wounds heal faster and reduce scarring.

• p says:

i really like this, and think it has great potential. the branding and packaging of medicine is kind of ridiculous, it’s like the companies try to make their product stand out so much with a wealth of information and graphics that the boxes just become confusing and overwhelming (especially for someone who is sick and disoriented to begin with). And people don’t always know what “established” brands of medicine help cure. Maybe this level of simplicity and directness is the best way to stand out on the aisle AND help the consumer make an informed decision.

I also like the minimalist approach to packaging. In my experience, there’s far too much material (ie waste) between me and my pill in something as simple as an aspirin container. this looks much less wasteful and much more hassle-free. great stuff!!

• mj says:

Simple and convinient :] I like it!

• akatsuki says:

FDA regs would require bigger fonts, etc.

• TH says:

This feels very weird. So, for instance you have a cut in your finger and don’t know whether to get bandages or pills?

Or is the point of this line of products to suggest that these are the ultimate best products in each category, and that these bandages would replace all different types there are now, be they fabric, plastic, small, large…?

Definitely agree with akatsuki that there are regulations as to what drug packaging must contain in terms of information etc., for good reasons. In this context (for instance looking at the example of headache pills) pushing the brand and styling ahead of vital information (like the effective ingredient and its quantity) is simply stupid, no matter how much I like minimalistic design.

• ChappsMalina says:

I wanted to reply on some valid concerns and comments made here –

The package has been designed in full compliance with FDA regulations, including font sizes, ingredients etc. – you wouldn’t be able to sell the product otherwise. The Drug Facts are printed on the backside of the package – you get a glimpse of them here: http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2008/04/help_remedies.php

To TH: Not sure why there would be confusion about which package holds what product, as the topography of the structure and the type clearly indicate that…

Thanks for all the positive comments!

• Shiella says:

Very practice and easy to use…Great idea!

• Colin says:

Is this product recyclable? As in can you re use it?

It seems once you use it, you are unable to reseal it for storage, plus the whole concept seems rather pointless. What are you trying to accomplish? (Making everything look pretty with non branding images).

If your trying to keep everything organized and compact enough for traveling. There is something already created called a Aid Kit.
    NOTE; since your product is made from paper? Do you think it is water proof? I doubt it and the tablets will dissolve if a accident occurs.