Three Piece Art House Rock Band

Looking like a hidden rebel alliance base on a distant planet, this cultural center in Santo Domingo, Colombia, is what I envision the real future of post-apocalyptic architecture to look like. Architect Giancarlo Mazzanti dispenses with the obtrusive and predictable rearrangements of glass, steal and concrete phallic references with this organically inspired beacon of grounded, yet ethereal modernity. Celebrating nature’s beauty and reminding us of the impermanence of most man-made structures, this design invites everyone closer without the subconscious feeling you are merely a visitor in someone else’s domain. Inside reflects all the stark minimalist ideas we come to expect from most modern art/cultural showcases, with sharp angles and the inoffensive use of white paint and pale woods.

Architect: Giancarlo Mazzanti [ Via: Plataforma Arquitectura ]

• entz says:

looks awesome. i would love to see more architecture like this!

• Azalea says:

I must say I am amazed :)
    Really wonderful architecture!

• Rony John says:

Preetty Sexy …Must have cost Approx a 100 million

• Frederic says:

This such a good design. The 3 volume are like a rocks watching over the horizon, very poetic and nothing intrusive, is hard to say what is built and what is not, and exactly there is where the power of this convey design.
    Congratulations.
    F. Clinton

• jasmine says:

This is amazing.

I found this website while stumbling. check it out for more great architecture

• carolina says:

I’ve been there… it’s amazing! Just one thing… it is located in Medellin, Colombia the name of the library is Santo Domingo Savio I don’t know if it the name of the neighborhood also, I think it is… Anyhow the most impressive thing about the project is that is in the middle of one of the poorest communities in Medellin where the violence an every day problem, this demonstrates that it is possible to help a community get over any issues. Now the kids have a secure place where to go learn and make a real change in their lifes. All this is part of an effort form the government to give interesting public places all over the city.

I live in NYC but I go regularly to Colombia and let me tell you that there’s a lot of interesting places to see in Medellin