Wing Chair Makes You Weightlessness by Michael Malmborg

A reincarnation of the classic wing chair, made for the future. This recliner is made for serious cocooning and is the closest you can get to weightlessness. The upholstery in the Wing Chair is made by open cell visco-elastic foam, developed by NASA and used in all space crafts since the 70s. The foam adapts to your body shape and temperature leaving you in cosmic comfort. This is also probably the biggest single piece of bend wood ever used to create a chair. It’s covered in thick layer of superb Lauro Preto veneer. Supplied with ottoman and a pivot safe glass holder.

Designer: Michael Malmborg [ Product Page ] [ Via: Yatzer ]

• Kitkatlulu says:

Have some respect and this is so obviously a copy…

• Keith says:

And it is nowhere near as good as the original.

• jev says:

omg Michael Malmborg sucks so much! nobody needs this shit.

• Hi Everybody!

Michael Malmborg here… the sucky one.

I usually like battling opinions about designs, mine and others. But comments like these are just… well… sucky.

Copy of what? It is the biggest chair ever made out of one single piece of wood. The tooling for this took 16 month to develop. It’s tested by NASA in Houston (they have decided the angle: 9 deg)and has better pressure equalization then the space shuttle (=comfort).
      This is not a copy of any chair. I don’t know which ones you have in mind… but I hope, for your sake, that is isn’t the Eames chair. It has more differences than I can list. Seriously.

And don’t take me wrong… if it’s the Eames Chair you are referring to… it’s a master piece made by one of the most talented designers. Not just for his work, but what he added to the overall change in furniture was perceived.

The Wing aims to be something else… not better… different. Wait.. I take that back, it aims to be better in some way.

“nobody need this shit”
      Every third of my Wing buyer is a Eames Chair owner. Mainly for the comfort. It’s almost twice the size/volume which is good for some people. The Eames chair very small.

And some people just don’t want another Eames Chair. The world would be a boring place if there just one model of everything.

Best / Michael
      Founder and Design Director of LYX, the worlds most awarded furniture company 2007-08 (www.lyx.com)

• PF says:

Michael, congrats on snubbing the negative comments. I’d purchase one if I had the money!

• guest says:

you are just as good as the replica copies coming out of china get a life and stop calling yourself a designer

• guest says:

• Jason says:

I have to whole heartedly agree with Michael. Does anyone look down their nose at Toyota for making a car with four doors and four wheels. This world thrives on variety. Michael has obviously been inspired by the work that was done by Eames. But don’t take the originallity of the artist away from him. We all stand on the shoulds of Giants when we create anything. That’s how we progress as a society.

• id says:

its a more up-to-date eames chair

• Steve says:

I have no idea about any original designs of this chair or anything but on a first opinion basis I think this chair looks and sounds brilliant. It would look great in my lounge and if it gives you the impression of weightlessness as well then brilliant.

• Steve says:

• Paul says:

I love this chair and I want one. So what if its a copy of something else, there are thousands of companies out there manufacturing the same settees in different coluurs and designs, whats the difference??

• Paul says:

• Shayne says:

I love this chair!!!!! Where can I get one?

• Shayne says:

I love this chair!!!!! Where can I get one?