Lift – Modular Kitchen by Michel Cornu

Lift is a new kitchen concept that fulfils our daily needs for modular and dynamic systems. Apartments and houses are becoming smaller therefore we need to design products that are able to offer a lot and at the same time be compact. Our design features different sliding (up and down) modules containing all the necessary tools a kitchen must have. While your not working or cooking you can close the sliding units together and create different kinds of sideboards. Lift can be well positioned in a one bedroom apartment, in a studio, in a loft or in a open space kitchen / living room area.

Designer: Michel Cornu

• pengbo says:

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what a great idea it is!
    It will be popular in china because of small house their live

• Dinesh Kumar says:

Greetings…..

Its Nice design ….. Never saw before like this….

• Micktastic says:

I have to say that this thing looks cool, even if you dont have a small kitchen i think this would be great just opens up the area a bit more in my opinion.
    when i build my house i would love to have this sorta thing in my kitchen

• pricey says:

where oh where can i order/ get this kitchen. i am obsessed with it, i love it, its amazing

• nic says:

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS KITCHEN ?
    who to contact ?

• camq says:

Hi Can you Please tell me how can i order for this cool kitchen. also please tell me how much it cost to me.

• Glenn Scott says:

I suggest you go to designboom.com and go to the competitions page and then ‘your way to coway’ then scroll down to glenlloydscott from Australia and you will my modular kitchen that was designed in 2006. Was the ‘lift’ kitchen inspired by the MIKS kitchen or..?

• hedsaw says:

Why limit this to a kitchen, this would work wonders in an office -given some modification (quick desk)- remember people these are concepts.

I’d like to know how the mechanism would work behind the wall with locking and sliding, and how much weight its limited to hold.

Oh and just noticed, having drawers above shoulder height is a big no no, but I know its a concept 😛

• Glenn Scott says:

Well I would just like to ask where you got your inspiration from and when did you design this kitchen? I suspect you subscribe to design boom and have seen my design of a modular kitchen (MIKS) on their website! I invite everyone who sees the above kitchen to visit designboom and see for yourself. Go to designboom.com, competitions, your way to coway, and scrol down the page until you get to the name glenlloydscott from Australia and you will see a very similar design to the above. This competition was set up in 2006. If the designer of the ‘Lift kitchen’ would like to contact me by all means do so.

• Micko says:

Glenn… you’re obviously pissed off. I can see some similarities in your concepts, but the above Michel Cornu design is exemplary. No idea is ever new, merely a fresh interpretation.

• Rob says:

I want this in my office cubicle.

• pungping says:

cool !!!!

• pungping says:

cool !!!!

• Francois says:

This is very awesome and great but at this point it’s only nice pictures. Please let me know where and how can I buy these units?

• Glen Scott says:

This has been done before. check out Design boom competitions website, and have a look at glenlloydscott miks kitchen. Or google glenlloydscott miks

• Ahaa, its good discussion about this post at this place at this weblog, I have read all
    that, so at this time me also commenting at this place.