Freedom – Collapsible Commode Chair by Julie Clyde

Collapsible lightweight shower/commode chair, specifically designed for disabled people who travel and require a lighter, more compact alternitive to currently available products. The “Freedom” is the only one of its kind. This chair is designed with the aspiration to help the many people with disabilities gain more freedom and personal space which is so often compromised. With its innovative storage/ collapsibility it has potential to be used personally and in hospitals/ nursing homes where minimal storage space is required. The simplicity of the quick release pins on the hub of the main wheel and also at the top of the castor wheels, means they can easily be removed and packs in on top of the collapsed commode frame in a carry case.

Designer: Julie Clyde

• granzini Thomas says:

I am searching for a commode for my son. I would like more details and pricing. We live in Italy.
    thank you.

• sandra webb says:

could u please tell me the cost, i live in the west mids uk thank you

• joseph ponce says:

I am an occupational therapist. I would like pricing and information on this commode chair. thank you

• James Holland says:

Could i please be emailed the price for this commode please,
    I Live in the west midlands UK
    Cheers

• maureen kent says:

could you please give me the cost of this chair

• Elodie says:

please, what is the price, weight, is it possible to add an extension to the backrest? I live in France, what would be the freight cost? Thanks

• James Bruce says:

Does this chair have the option of having a padded seat? What is the measurament from the front tyre to the front end of the seat (to fit a transfer board) how much is the chair? With Thanks

• Hi James!

Thanks so much for your input I really appreciate your feedback and comments. I posted a reply below with some more detail but I thank you from the bottom of
      My heart for your support.
      Feel free to contact me anytime

• Handicap says:

That is a nice concept. Are the dimensions small enough to fit into a suitcase? At any rate, I can see this saving so much space for hospitals.

• Hi!
      Thanks so much for your input. I never knew my design had gotten this far! I appreciate your feedback and I’m considering revisiting this design as at the time my lecturers had no interest in my project I had lost all confidence in myself.

I have posted below your comments with more information if you’d like to have a read.

Gratitude and much love to you
      Please feel free to contact me anytime!!!

Regards
      Julie Clyde
      Designer of the lightweight commode chair

• Ram says:

Too elaborate for a shower chair, especially the wheels. Still looks too bulky to fit into aircraft toilets. Great start but requires simplification and further refinement :-)

• Hi!
      I’ve posted more info below, this was never intended for airplane use however I value your input and thank you.
      Gratitude and much love For your input
      Please feel free to contact me anytime!!!

Regards
      Julie Clyde
      Designer of the lightweight commode chair

• Sandra says:

Amazing chair. Great design! I’d buy one if it was available

• Brenda says:

I am interested in purchasing the Freedom Collapsible Commode Chair by Julie Clyde. Please provide cost with shipping included to Ontario Canada. Also delivery time. Thank you.

• Brenda says:

Please provide cost with shipping included to Ontario Canada and delivery time for Freedom Collapsible Commode Chair by Julie Clyde.

• Hey Brenda!
      I have posted below your comments with more information

Gratitude and much love to you all
      Please feel free to contact me anytime!!!

Regards
      Julie Clyde
      Designer of the lightweight commode chair

• Regarding Workers Comp Ins, number three on the list is airplane pilots and
    flight engineers. Make sure the holes aree facing each other, when the cedar entries to
    be vertical. Low alloy steel includes elemenys like
    molybdenum, chromium, manganese, or nickel
    and improves the hardness of the steel.

• Hi there, I desire to subscribe for this blog to get newest updates, therefore where can i do it please help.

• I feel that iis one of the so much impolrtant info
    for me. And i’m happy reading your article. However wanna remarkk on some common things, The
    website taste is wonderful, the articles is iin reality nice :
    D. Excellent process, cheers

• Thank you all so much for your comments and appreciation of my design. This was my final year project for industrial design at university and whilst I still hold hopes of prototyping this patented design, I do not have the $300,000 required to begin the process. Nor did I have it in 2007.
    Technologies however have come a long way so I am keen to revisit the design and be able to evaluate this once more.
    It was never meant as an airplane piece of technology but more of a travel sized chair for while you were away that would enable freedom to the user when away from their home.
    Initially I was going to have a solid moulded plastic seat as it makes showering, cleaning and hygiene far easier to keep up to. A padded seat caused some issues of sealing and bacterial being caught.

Thank you again for the support and this is something I am happy to revisit with your support. It’s nice to see that outside of my computer there was support and need for this. My university lecturers didn’t think the same!

Gratitude and much love to you all
    Please feel free to contact me anytime!!!

Regards